Latest News - February 2018
- Sony Slashes PlayStation VR Headset Prices For A Limited Time Starting This Weekend
- Walmart Xbox One X Offer Bundles GTA V, Star Wars Battlefront II And Destiny 2 For $499
- Intel Unveils DC P4510 Series SSDs For Data Centers Employing 64-layer TLC 3D NAND
- Microsoft Surface Pro Receives $200 Price Cut To Celebrate Its 5th Birthday
- SpaceX Gains FCC Approval For Low-Latency Satellite Broadband Internet Service
- 2.5 Geeks 2/15/18: Geek Love, Raven Ridge, GTX 2080, Snapdragon 845, Clever Dog Bots, New SSDs!
- Researchers Develop All New Exploits For Meltdown And Spectre Processor Vulnerabilities
- Samsung Pauses Galaxy S8 Android Oreo Rollout After Reports Of Unexpected Reboots
- Facebook Shamelessly Abuses Two-Factor Authentication System To SMS Spam Users With Click Bait
- New iOS Bug Easily Crashes iPhones With A Single-Character Text Message
- Microsoft Brings Ultimate Performance Mode To Windows 10, Releases Redstone 5 Test Builds
- Leaked Intel Roadmap Highlights Coffee Lake-E/H/S 6-Core Laptop Variants, Cascade Lake-SP For 2018
- Nintendo Labo Videos Show Off What Switch Gamers Can Do With Cardboard
- Intel Expands Bug Bounty Program To All, Adds Side-Channel Payouts Up To $250,000
All News for February 2018
If you have been kicking yourself for missing out on the deals that were offered on the PlayStation VR during the holiday season, you can make it up to yourself this weekend. Sony has announced that it will be offering $100 off the price of the... Read more...
If you've been eying the Xbox One X gaming console and haven't yet had the guts to pull the trigger, Walmart is hoping to give you some extra incentive with a new bundle offer. While you're still paying the same $499 price (which is the MSRP for the... Read more...
Intel has rolled out new SSD storage solutions that are specifically aimed at the data center market. The new SSDs fall into the Intel SSD DC P4510 Series and use 64-layer TLC 3D NAND. The construction of the SSDs allows end users to do more per... Read more...
You might not realize it, but one popular hardware series is celebrating a birthday this month: the Surface Pro family was launched five years ago in early February 2013. Five years is a long time in tech, and many people thought that Microsoft... Read more...
Just a little over a week after making history with the successful launch of Falcon Heavy, SpaceX is once again in the news. This time around, the company has gained FCC approval to lay the groundwork for a satellite-based internet service called... Read more...
In this latest episode of HotHardware's Two And A Half Geeks, Marco, Paul, and Dave get in the mood for V-Day and also chat about AMD's Raven Ridge Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G desktop APUs, a... Read more...
Recently discovered vulnerabilities present in practically every processor manufactured in the past two decades have caused quite the headache, for both companies like Intel and AMD, and end users who have to balance software patches with... Read more...
Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners were excited to learn that Samsung’s Android 8.0 Oreo update had exited beta, and was being distributed to regular customers. Samsung initially began the over-the-air (OTA) rollout for users in Germany, and then... Read more...
You can never be too cautious when it comes to security, and for that reason turning on two-factor authentication (when available) is typically a good thing. Unfortunately, Facebook has decided to... Read more...
Bugs seem to be a common occurrence when it comes to iOS and macOS these days. That became even more apparent this week after Italian bloggers discovered that you can crash iOS devices (i.e. iPhones and iPads) with a single text message. The bug is... Read more...
As Microsoft has done in the past, it has created a fork in its Windows Insider program as it looks ahead to its next major upgrade. Insiders who want to stay on the current path can do so and will continue to receive new Redstone 4 builds in both... Read more...
We are all patiently waiting for Intel to release processors based on its 10-nanometer Cannon Lake architecture, but in the meantime, the company may not be finished extending out its Coffee Lake... Read more...
A series of new Nintendo Labo videos have turned up that highlight what exactly gamers will be able to do once they build their cardboard creations. The catch here is that while Nintendo has put the videos up in English on its main Labo page... Read more...
Intel has been operating its Bug Bounty Program for nearly a year now, with the program originally launching back in March 2017. Initially, the only way that hackers or security researchers could participate was to receive an invite from Intel... Read more...