Latest News - July 2016
- Alleged Nintendo NX Leak Could Be Most Interesting Product Concept Yet
- Original Quake Remade In Unreal Engine Is An Unreally Good Tease
- Beefy XFX Custom Cooled Radeon RX 470 Breaks Cover In China
- Pokemon Go Receives Biggest Update Yet, And One Change Has Angered Fans
- Still Need A Free Windows 10 Upgrade? Assistive Technologies Users Get A Grace Period
- Leak Says Android 7 Nougat Will Arrive Next Month But No Nougat For You, Nexus 5!
- Think You Deleted Those WhatsApp Chats? Guess Again
- Microsoft Xbox One Anniversary Update With Play Anywhere Is Now Available For Download
- SwiftKey Bug Leaks Predicted Phrases, Phone Numbers And Email Addresses Of Strangers
- AT&T Bolsters U-Verse Standard Plan Data Caps, Gigapower Users Go Unlimited
- Upgrading To Windows 10? How To Protect Your Privacy And Clean-Up After Migration
- Broadband Trade Groups Launch Another Volley Against Historic Net Neutrality Ruling
- Apple Secures BlackBerry QNX Chief As Project Titan Focus Shifts To Autonomous Driving
- Microsoft Removes Some Key Windows 10 Pro Group Policy Controls With Anniversary Update
All News for July 2016
The leaks surrounding Nintendo's upcoming NX console continue to flow. Last week, a website claimed to have received exclusive information about Nintendo's console, and depending on your perspective, it will either sound great or lackluster, if you... Read more...
If you weren't hit with enough nostalgia earlier this month when an Unreal Engine master recreated the opening sequence of Unreal in UE4, here's your second chance. If you played first-person shooters in the mid-90s, there's little doubt that you... Read more...
As we detailed late last week, AMD has two brand-new Radeon graphics cards due to hit the market soon: the Radeon RX 470 and Radeon RX 460. The former is going to come out on the 4th of August (aka: this Thursday), while the RX 460 will arrive four... Read more...
Good effort Niantic, good try. That's the appropriate response to Niantic's newest and biggest update yet for Pokemon Go, the crazy popular mobile game that has hordes of smartphone owners on scavenger hunts for cartoon characters appearing in real... Read more...
Microsoft is doing a solid for people with accessibility needs who use assistive technologies by extending the deadline to upgrade to Windows 10. For the general public, the yearlong offer expired last Friday July 29 (or July 30 in the wee hours of... Read more...
If you’ve been patiently awaiting the final "official" release of Google’s sweet, chewy Android 7.0 Nougat goodness, the wait will soon be over. Google released the final developer preview of Nougat earlier this month and is confident enough in its... Read more...
For a number of great reasons, WhatsApp is an instant message client worth using. It can be used on your mobile device, or on the desktop (through the mobile device). It's reliable, fast, and best of all, secure. A couple of months ago, we learned... Read more...
With the Windows 10 Anniversary Update set to launch on August 2, it seems Microsoft's Xbox had interest in beating their desktop counterparts to the punch by releasing the Xbox One Anniversary Update right now. It's probably a smart move on... Read more...
If you're a SwiftKey user and have been experiencing some oddities lately: you're not alone. Due to a bug, some SwiftKey users have been receiving some downright bizarre recommendations, including phrases that they never use. Even worse? The... Read more...
Usually when there's an announcement about data caps, it's bad news for subscribers. Refreshingly, that isn't the case with AT&T, which is raising the ceiling on the amount of data its U-verse customers are able to use. It's a welcome... Read more...
So you’ve finally made the decision to upgrade to Windows 10. Congratulations! You put up the good fight and held out for a year, but with the prospects of paying $119 now staring you in the face, there are likely millions of people like you around... Read more...
It seems that the net neutrality battle is just getting started. The National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA), the Cellular Telephone Industries Association (CTIA), and the American Cable Association (ACA) want the federal courts to... Read more...
Last week we reported that Apple’s self-driving car project, code-named “Project Titan”, was experiencing a big shakeup. This week, however, it seems that Apple is trying to get the ball, or should we say tire rolling. Apple, has hired former QNX... Read more...
Microsoft is celebrating Windows 10’s first birthday today, and it also marks the last day that customers can receive a free upgrade to the operating system (starting tomorrow, the upgrade will cost $119 per license). And beginning next Tuesday... Read more...