Latest News - March 2017
- AMD Prepares Beefy Ryzen Motherboard BIOS Updates With FMA3 Bug Fix And Other Optimizations
- Intel Optane Memory Will Not Be Supported With Kaby Lake Celeron And Pentium Systems
- AT&T, Comcast, Verizon Go Into Damage Control Mode Following Death Of FCC Privacy Rules
- Distracted Driving And Smartphones Contribute To Highest Pedestrian Death Rate In 20 Years
- Google’s Early April Fool’s Prank Transports Ms. Pac-Man To Google Maps
- Orange Pi 2G-IoT Matches Raspberry Pi Zero W’s $10 Price, Adds 2G Wireless Radio
- Uber Exec Levandowski Pleads The Fifth In Google’s Waymo Self-Driving Car Litigation
- Bungie Makes Destiny 2 Official, Pre-Order For Beta Early Access, PC Gamers Get Ready
- Oculus Rift Creator Palmer Luckey Departs Facebook Following Tumultuous Legal Battle
- SpaceX Successfully Launches Recycled Falcon 9 Rocket, Makes Historic Landing On Drone Ship
- ASUS Pumps Out Custom GeForce GTX 1080 Card With 11Gbps Memory, GTX 1060 OC Edition
- Quake Champions Closed Beta Brings Rocket Jumping And Gruesome Headshots April 6th
- Verizon Expands Android Carrier Bloatware, Spyware With AppFlash Search Tool
- Jeff Bezos Gives Glimpse Inside Blue Origin Capsule That Will Send Tourists To Space
All News for March 2017
If you have an AMD Ryzen processor and complementing AM4 motherboard in your possession, optimizations are already incoming to improve your gaming performance. Just yesterday, we brought you news of an Ashes of the Singularity update which shows up to a 20 percent performance uplift for the Ryzen 7 1800X. As... Read more...
When Intel unveiled its Optane memory solution this week, it seemed like an ideal performance pick-me-up for low-end rigs. Its goal is to cache all of your important bits so as to make the PC more responsive, and quicker in general. The fact that Intel itself promotes the current Optane solution at those using... Read more...
When it comes to a bill that was passed both in the U.S. House and Senate that would kill off FCC rules pertaining to internet privacy, consumers are understandably somewhat upset and confused about what this all actually means. The FCC rules, which were ratified late last year, would require internet service... Read more...
A new report by the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) found that pedestrian fatalities in 2016 were the highest they've ever been in the past two decades. States reported 2,660 pedestrian deaths in the first six months of 2016, up from 2,486 in the same time period the previous year. While the numbers are... Read more...
April Fool’s Day isn’t until tomorrow, but many companies are already cashing in on the festivities on the last work day of the week. Google is getting in on the action by transforming its incredibly popular Google Maps application into a digital playground for Ms. Pac-Man. Google last pulled off this “prank” back... Read more...
Just over a month ago, Raspberry Pi upgraded its Zero with 802.11n and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connectivity, dubbing it the Zero W. This new wireless functionality came with an added cost, doubling the price of the computing board from $5 to $10. Not to be outdone, Chinese company Orange Pi has come out with its own... Read more...
Anthony Levandowski, the former boss of Google's self-driving car program, invoked his Fifth Amendment right in a lawsuit alleging he stole thousands of files and IP from the firm's spin-off business Waymo, which focuses on self-driving car technology. Levandowski is currently the VP of engineering at Uber where he... Read more...
There will be no more speculation on the matter, folks—Destiny 2 is indeed headed to the PC, developer Bungie has officially confirmed. It will also arrive on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, though that was never really in question. After the first Destiny game launched to both consoles as well as previous generation... Read more...
Palmer Luckey is leaving Facebook. The Oculus co-founder came up with the Rift and is largely responsible for popularizing VR. Now he departs the world's largest social network three years after selling his company to Facebook. Today will be his last day on the job. Publicly, the parting of ways between Luckey and... Read more...
Elon Musk and SpaceX continue to defy the odds and give us all hope for the future of manned space travel. Back in early April 2016, a Falcon 9 booster rocket was used for CRS-8, a resupply mission to the International Space Station (ISS). The Falcon 9 used in that mission was the second successful recovery of a... Read more...
When NVIDIA pulled the curtain up last month to reveal its latest top-end GPU, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, it mentioned that the GTX 1080 and GTX 1060 would see special versions released that would bump the memory clock speeds -- 11Gbps for GTX 1080, and 9Gbps for GTX 1060. ASUS has now formally announced its take on... Read more...
The closed beta for Quake Champions is just around the corner. Bethesda and id Software have revealed that the closed beta will start on April 6th, and have also unveiled a new character as one of the game’s “champions”. The closed beta will begin next week with an “initial group of testers”, but there is currently... Read more...
The last thing that Verizon customers were probably asking for was the addition of yet another app to invade their Android smartphone. But that is just what the nation's #1 wireless carrier is doing with the inclusion of AppFlash, which will gain prominent positioning on the home screens of Verizon smartphones (sans... Read more...
Forget the Bahamas. What if your next vacation could be in space? Jeff Bezos has just offered a glimpse of the Blue Origin's New Shepard space tourism capsule. Bezos recently remarked, “Our New Shepard flight-test program is focused on demonstrating the performance and robustness of the system. In parallel, we've... Read more...