Latest News - February 2018
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Benchmark Leak Shows Exynos 9810 Beating Snapdragon 845
- NSA, FBI And CIA Chiefs Warn Americans Not To Buy Huawei And ZTE Phones Over National Security Risk
- Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 SATA Review: Fast, Affordable Solid State Storage
- Microsoft Windows Analytics Tool Now Scans For Spectre And Meltdown Vulnerabilities
- Qualcomm Launches Snapdragon X24, World's First 2Gbps LTE Modem
- Apple's Wearables Business Revenue Is Fortune 300-Class Company Says Tim Cook
- Magic Leap One AR Headset Could Cost As Much As Premium PC
- Hawaii Proposes Bill To Ban Video Game Loot Boxes
- Vicious Skype Security Exploit May Require Extensive Code Overhaul
- Overwatch Free To Play On All Platforms This Weekend, Check Deploy Times Here
- Google Doubles Pixel Phone Unit Sales But They're Still A Fraction Of Apple And Samsung
- Microsoft Surface Phone Rumors Hint At Support For Desktop Windows Apps
- ASUS ZenFone 5 Lite Leaks With Dual Rear And Selfie Cameras
- ARM Launches Project Trillium To Boost AI Machine Learning On Smartphones
All News for February 2018
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is going to be an insanely fast smartphone, and doubly so if you don't live in the United States or China. New leaked benchmarks for the Galaxy S9 with the Exynos 9810 processor show that Samsung's newest SoC is a performance... Read more...
US Intelligence officials have determined that phones and services provided by Huawei, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer in China, and Chinese telecom ZTE pose a security risk to Americans, and that... Read more...
Samsung recently launched its latest SATA-based solid state drives, the SSD 860 Pro and SSD 860 EVO, featuring 2-bit (MLC) or 3-bit (TLC) versions of the company’s 64-layer 3D V-NAND flash memory. We’ve put up a review of a 2.5”... Read more...
Microsoft is making it easier for businesses and IT administrators to tell if their PCs are protected from Spectre and Meltdown. Along with yesterday's collection of Patch Tuesday security updates, Microsoft upgraded its Windows Analytics service to... Read more...
If you currently own a smartphone (and who doesn't these days), it's likely rocking a 4G LTE modem. The fastest available LTE modems, like Qualcomm's Snapdragon X20, are capable of reaching [theoretical] top speeds of 1.2Gbps. However, Qualcomm... Read more...
Apple is rather notorious for being vague on just how many of each of its products that it sells (the company doesn't give sales breakdowns for specific iPhones and MacBooks, for example). CEO Tim Cook was recently at a shareholders meeting and gave... Read more...
Word surfaced late last year that the Magic Leap One AR headset would be launching in 2018. At the time, one of the key details missing about the Magic Leap One headset was exactly how much it would cost. CEO Rony Abovitz wouldn’t specifically... Read more...
Loot boxes are common occurrence these days in gaming, and an incredibly annoying one for many. Three months after Hawaiian representative Rep. Chris Lee invoked Stars Wars to declare that "It's a trap" with regards to Star Wars Battlefront II... Read more...
Microsoft has confirmed a nasty flaw in Skype that could allow nefarious individuals to gain complete access the OS with system-level privileges on affected machines. To make the issue even worse, Microsoft knows the flaw is there and exploitable... Read more...
If you somehow have missed out on all of the immense hype and commotion surrounding Overwatch, you are about to receive yet another opportunity to get your feet wet -- free of charge. Overwatch typically costs $40, but Blizzard will have a free... Read more...
The smartphone business is quite cutthroat, and has seen a shifting dynamic among the top players in recent years. We've seen a steady rise in power from Chinese OEMs that are looking to challenge the market dominance of Apple and Samsung. But what... Read more...
In some ways, Microsoft's Windows Phone platform feels like a missed opportunity. Had things been executed differently, it might have been big, giving Android and iOS a run for their money. Instead, it struggled to gain any kind of real traction in... Read more...
Smartphone makers put a lot of focus and attention on camera performance, and generally speaking, each new handset brings ups the ante over its predecessor. This isn't just relegated to flagship, either. Proving otherwise, leaked details regarding... Read more...
Advances in artificial intelligence (AI) are coming in at a rapid pace, and mobile devices seem to be the new frontier. ARM's processor architecture underpins nearly every smartphone sold today and provides the brains for countless other products in... Read more...