Latest News - October 2018
- Facebook's VR Aspirations Hit Pothole As Oculus Co-Founder Brendan Iribe Departs
- OnePlus Aims To Launch One Of The Very First 5G Phones In Early 2019
- Apple iPhone XR Screen Repairs Are Costly At $199 Without AppleCare+
- Intellivision Amico Retro-Revived Modern Game Console Unveiled For 2020 Launch With $8 Games
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Targets Mid-Range Phones With Beefy AI Engine And Triple-Camera Support
- ASUS Zen AiO 27 Desktop Boasts 4K Display, GTX 1050 And Qi Wireless Charging Base
- Reports Of Intel 10nm Death Are Greatly Exaggerated
- Samsung Files Patent On Full-Display Fingerprint Sensor For Notchless, Bezel-Free Next Galaxy
- Amazon’s FreeRTOS Powering Millions Of IoT Devices Is Plagued With Massive Security Flaws
- Windows 10 19H1 Update Will Eradicate Spectre Performance Woes With Google Retpoline Patch
- Samsung Reportedly Working On A Powerful Gaming Phone With Custom GPU
- AMD 7nm Navi GPU Allegedly Shows Impressive Performance In Lab For 2H 2019 Launch
- Atari Retro Handheld Console Brings Woodgrain Atari 2600 Love to Nostalgic Gamers
- Black Ops 4 Developer Treyarch Addresses Poor Server Performance Complaints
All News for October 2018
Brendan Iribe, co-founder and former CEO of Oculus, is leaving the company to embark on whatever the next chapter in his life holds. His departure from the company that started the modern VR push (or at least gave it a major boost) creates a murky... Read more...
Make no mistake, the mobile industry is on a collision course with 5G connectivity, though the impact will not truly be felt until wireless carriers at large upgrade large swaths of territories with the faster technology. In the meantime, smartphone... Read more...
Apple's entry-level iPhone for 2018 is the iPhone XR announced in September along with the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max devices. Word is that the October ship date announced at the unveiling of the XR was due to issues with the notched LCD. Whatever... Read more...
The first details of a new Intellivision game console came back in May when the pending unveil of the system was teased via a press release. Intellivision Entertainment has now announced that the... Read more...
Qualcomm is once again expanding its mid-range SoC portfolio with the introduction of the Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform. The Snapdragon 675 is the follow-up to the Snapdragon 670, and offers... Read more...
Anyone who is the minimalist type wanting as little as possible on and around their workspace -- at home or in the office -- will like what ASUS has cooked up with its new all-in-one desktop PC. The machine is called the Zen AiO 27 and as the name... Read more...
Earlier today, a report was making the rounds claiming that Intel had abruptly decided to kill its 10nm chip production. The possibility that Intel would mothball its 10nm line definitely caught a lot of attention because the company has admitted to... Read more...
There are a couple of challenges facing smartphone designers at the moment. One is the notch at the top of the display, a concept introduced by Andy Rubin and his Essential Phone, and later... Read more...
It does not seem all that farfetched that one day even your toaster will connect to the web and download crusty designs to sear into your bread. We have entered the Internet of Things (IoT) era. The focus on IoT devices can lead to some fun and... Read more...
Ever since the Meltdown and Spectre were disclosed earlier this year, the issues surrounding the speculative execution exploits has been multi-pronged. On the one hand, there are concerns that... Read more...
Razer may have popularized the idea of an Android phone built primarily for gaming with features to match (such as a fast 120Hz display), but it is no longer the only one cranking these kinds of handsets out. A few others have joined in the fun... Read more...
Figuratively and literally, AMD is putting all of its chips into 7-nanometer designs, an all-in move that could have a big payoff. On that GPU side, that includes a 7nm version of Vega due out later this year, and its next-generation Navi GPU. An... Read more...
It looks as though the VCS isn't the only "new" console on the way from Atari. The company has announced that it will soon be releasing the Atari Retro Handheld, which is in essence a portable version of the classic Atari 2600 home... Read more...
Like most developers getting ready to launch a major AAA game title, Treyarch, developer of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 game that launched this month, held a beta and used that feedback to improve the game. Black Ops 4 earned... Read more...