Latest News - October 2018
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV Gains Deeper Google Home Integration And Expanded Voice Controls
- Apple Sends Invites For October 30 Event In NY, New iPad Pros And Macs Expected
- 2.5 Geeks Webcast: Pixel 3, GeForce RTX 2070, Intel 9th Gen, Acer Helios And Swift & More!
- Xiaomi Teases Black Shark 2 Gaming Phone Arriving October 23
- Windows 10 19H1 Preview Build Lets Users Remove More Preinstalled Apps And Bloat
- T-Mobile Offers New Samsung And LG Phones On Sweet 36 Month Payment Plan
- Here’s A Killer Deal On A 50-Inch Toshiba Smart 4K HDR Fire TV For Just $350
- Samsung Unveils Galaxy Book 2 ACPC Powered By Qualcomm Snapdragon 850
- Samsung Ramps Production Of 7nm EUV LPP Process With 50 Percent Lower Power Consumption
- Google Details How Its Titan M Security Chip Locks Down And Encrypts Pixel 3 Phones
- Heads Roll At Intel Over Manufacturing Missteps In Major Division Shake-Up
- Essential Products Chops 30 Percent Of Its Staff As Future Darkens
- Apple A-Series ARM Processors Could Power Macs In 2020 Leaving Intel Behind
- Apple Overhauls Privacy Page And Allows U.S. Customers To Download All Of Their Data
All News for October 2018
NVIDIA's "do everything" SHIELD TV is an incredibly potent media streamer + gaming platform, and it already features native support for the Google Assistant. However, the current implementation of voice control with the Google Assistant leaves a lot... Read more...
What is Apple brewing up? The company recently sent out invitations to members of the media for their October 30th event in Brooklyn, New York. The media invites featured various Apple logo designs and promised that “there’s more in the... Read more...
In this episode of HotHardware’s Two And Half Geeks wild and woolly webcast - Marco, Chris and Dave had a nice fireside chat about Google’s new Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL Android phones, the Acer Swift 3... Read more...
The stakes in the gaming smartphone arena are getting higher as more players enter the field. Razer got the ball rolling with the Razer Phone, and since then we've seen entries from the likes of Xiaomi and even ASUS. Back in April, Xiaomi revealed... Read more...
As solid as Windows 10 is as an OS all-around, Microsoft made some design decisions with it that have annoyed its faithful customer base (unless you feel like you have no choice but to use Windows, of course). Privacy has been at the forefront of... Read more...
Smartphone makers seem intent on finding out exactly how much money they can get away with charging for their flagship phones, with several models now topping the $1,000 mark. Traditionally, wireless carriers would let customers spread the cost over... Read more...
Here's my bold, and maybe biased prediction: Red Sox are going to the World Series, Patriots are headed to the Super Bowl, Celtics are a lock for the NBA Finals, and the Bruins will compete for the Stanley Cup. If you're a diehard Boston sports fan... Read more...
Samsung on Thursday announced the Galaxy Book 2, a new always on and "Always Connected" PC (ACPC) built for all-day productivity. It's powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 850 mobile platform, which Qualcomm purpose-built for these kinds of devices with... Read more...
While Intel has been having problems with mass production of its 10nm product lines, other tech giants like AMD and Samsung are well along in their 7nm endeavors. AMD is currently sampling 7nm EPYC processors, and we're learning today that Samsung... Read more...
One aspect of smartphones that largely gets overlooked is security. For many consumers, the technical details surrounding stronger encryption just isn't as interesting as advancements in camera technology and other prominent features. For those who... Read more...
Intel this week announced a major shakeup in its manufacturing division amid continuing delays in rolling out its 10nm processors. Intel has been building chips on its 14nm process since 2014 and the company has indicated that its 10nm CPUs won’t be... Read more...
When the father of Android, Andy Rubin, left Google and later launched Essential Products, the world expected big things. The launch of the Essential Phone proved that just because you are the father of the most popular operating system for mobile... Read more...
It seems as though every few months we hear of a new report claiming that Apple is close to releasing Macs powered by its own homegrown ARM processors. The rumor frequently pops up because the popular opinion is that Apple is tired of being beholden... Read more...
Privacy is a very big deal for millions of people around the world who use mobile devices and social media. The challenge for many people is knowing exactly what data social networks and devices are collecting from you. Apple is trying to make it... Read more...