Latest News - February 2018
- Hackers Carjack Tesla's Amazon Cloud To Mine Cryptocurrency
- Doom On Nintendo Switch Updated With Useful Motion Controls
- Google Pay App Arrives Combining Best Of Android Pay And Google Wallet
- 5-Way Mechanical Keyboard Roundup: Top Decks For Gamers And Enthusiasts
- WyzeCam v2 Wi-Fi Security Cam Brings AI Object Detection While Keeping Low $20 Price Tag
- Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact Prototype Leaks Ahead Of MWC 2018
- Chrome 64 For Android Automatically Shortens Messy URLs Via Share Menu
- Qualcomm Sweetens Offer For NXP Semiconductors To $44 Billion
- Samsung's PM1643 SSD Hulk Smashes All Rivals With Colossal 30TB Of Storage
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Pinnacle Ridge Processor Single And Multi-Core Benchmarks Leak
- Sony Is Launching Japanese Ride-Hailing Service As Uber Ponders Similar Action
- Nintendo Switch Turned Into Fully Functioning Linux Tablet In Latest Hack
- Bitcoin Rebounds Past $11,000 As Anonymous Investor Goes $400 Million In On The Cryptocurrency
- Microsoft's $200 Discount On Surface Pro Family Ends Today
All News for February 2018
It looks as though few people (or companies) are truly safe from cryptocurrency miners. Hackers have attempted various avenues to mine for Monero, with the latest crop of evildoers targeting Tesla's Kubernetes console, which unfortunately was not... Read more...
One of the things most Doom fans liked when the original version launched way back in the day is that it would scare the crap out of you if you weren't careful (yes, those heavily pixelated demons were quite frightening). Doom was sneaky like that... Read more...
Google today rolled out yet another new payment service, Google Pay, which is available for Android devices via an app. Confused yet? Google Pay is Google's third mobile wallet in recent years and was designed to replace both Android Pay and Google... Read more...
Today's system builders have more choices than ever before, beyond just internal hardware component selection. To see just how far things have come, you need look no further than the PC chassis market. There are so many options to chose from that... Read more...
Wyze Labs may not be a name that you may have heard of before, but you may begin hearing more about the company in the coming weeks and months. The company first burst onto the scene back in October when it launched the original $20 WyzeCam Wi-Fi... Read more...
Believe it or not, big ol' honking smartphones do not appeal to everyone. It is part of the reason why it took Apple so long to finally build bigger iPhone models, and to cater to folks who prefer a smaller handset, companies such as Sony continue... Read more...
Sharing links on mobile devices can be a pain in the backside. It's not overly difficult, mind you, but in some cases the URL you are trying to share is stupid long. You then have a choice—share it anyway and clutter up your chat message (or email)... Read more...
Qualcomm on Tuesday increased its bid to buy NXP Semiconductors, agreeing to pay $127.50 for each share of the Dutch chipmaker. The revised amount is 16 percent higher than what Qualcomm originally proposed last October, which at the time stood at... Read more...
If you need ultra-fast storage for your computing needs, the obvious solution is, of course, a solid state drive (SSD). If you need an incredible amount of storage, where speed isn't exactly your first priority, a high-capacity hard disk drive (HDD)... Read more...
Another day, another performance leak. This time it one of AMD's upcoming "Pinnacle Ridge" processors that showed up on Geekbench, a popular browser-based benchmarking site that examines both single-core and mulit-core performance metrics. The... Read more...
When you think of Sony, you would probably think about the PlayStation 4 game console and digital cameras first and foremost (and if you're a bit older, maybe the Walkman). Sony is very diversified, and a report is making the rounds that claims Sony... Read more...
Just over a week ago we talked about an exploit that took advantage of an unpatchable flaw in existing Switch consoles to run Linux on Nintendo's latest. At the time, there were a lot of folks out there wondering what the point of that hack... Read more...
Bitcoin is on the upward swing of its current rollercoaster ride, rebounding above $11,000 -- a price that it hasn't seen since January. After soaring to nearly $20,000 in December, the... Read more...
Last week, Microsoft announced that it would be lopping $200 off the price of its Surface Pro to celebrate the 2-in-1 convertible’s 5th anniversary. Well, that promotion has been ongoing since the start of the weekend, and unfortunately has to come... Read more...