Latest News - October 2017
- Volvo's Polestar 1 Is A Luxurious 600 Horsepower Plug-in Hybrid Sports Car
- Some Pixel Users Can't Receive Texts, Google Working On Emergency Patch
- Microsoft Unveils Powerful Surface Book 2, Precision Mouse, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Highlights
- Netflix Will Devote $8 Billion To 2018 Programming Budget, Focus On Original Content
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Launches With 40% Performance Boost And Quick Charge 4
- Qualcomm Demos First 5G 1Gbps Cellular Data Connection With Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- Microsoft Xbox One Fall Update Delivers A Faster And More Personalized Dashboard Experience
- Google Adds Barebones Antivirus Protection To Chrome Browser For Windows
- Microsoft Already Patched KRACK WPA2 Wi-Fi Exploit, Google Prepping Android Update
- Apple's Year-Old iPhone 7 Reportedly Outselling New iPhone 8 Family
- DoubleLocker Android Ransomware Changes Device PIN, Attempts To Drain Bank Accounts
- Huawei Mate 10 Series Rocks Kirin 970 SoC With Dedicated AI Engine And Massive 4000 mAh Battery
- OLED Smartphone Display Panels To Outpace LCD Shipments In 2020
- Russia Unveils Plans To Introduce Blockchain-Based CryptoRuble Currency
All News for October 2017
Polestar, the electric performance car spinoff of Volvo, announced its first standalone automobile and it is a beauty. There is also plenty of brawn to go along with the luxurious styling. The Polestar 1, as it is appropriated dubbed, harnesses 600... Read more...
One the primary benefits to owning a Google-branded phone is that new versions of Android are made available immediately, as opposed to waiting for a third-party manufacturer to customize and qualify the code. Unfortunately for some owners of... Read more...
Microsoft Unveils Powerful Surface Book 2, Precision Mouse, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Highlights
Microsoft just announced a few brand new products, a pair of powerful new Surface Book 2 devices featuring 8th Gen Intel Core Processors and NVIDIA graphics, and a Surface Precision Mouse designed to... Read more...
Netflix is set to spend a massive amount of money on original content next year with a budget that puts many networks to shame. The streaming media giant confirmed during its Q3 earnings report yesterday that it would be spending $8 billion on new... Read more...
Qualcomm has announced a new SoC called the Snapdragon 636, and it is aimed squarely at the heart of the mid-range market. The SoC has custom Kryo 260 processing cores promising a 40 percent performance improvement over the current Snapdragon 630... Read more...
Qualcomm is well on its way to delivering 5G wireless connectivity for the masses, and has demonstrated its ability to achieve gigabit data speeds in a controlled environment. In this case, Qualcomm achieved the feat in its San Diego... Read more...
The Fall Creators Update will be available for Windows 10 users starting tomorrow, but if you have an Xbox One console, the fun starts today. Microsoft announced that the Fall Update is now rolling... Read more...
Google Chrome might be the most popular web browser in the world, but it has long been criticized for the app bloat that has accumulated over the years and its negative impact on resources and battery life. The "bloat" is about to increase again... Read more...
This morning we talked about a researcher from KU Leuven University in Belgium who had discovered a major security vulnerability in the WiFi Protected Access II (WPA2) protocol that is used to secure wireless internet traffic. That vulnerability... Read more...
Last month, Apple introduced a new family of smartphones to appease the legions of iPhone users around the globe. The first products to take the stage with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, which are enhanced versions of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus... Read more...
Cybercriminals have developed a new form of Android ransomware that gives victims added incentive to pay up. In addition to scrambling the user's data with an AES encryption algorithm, the new ransomware replaces an infected device's personal... Read more...
It seems as though dedicated artificial intelligence (AI) hardware is seeping into more aspects of our computing hardware (see Apple iPhone X), and the latest evidence of that is with Huawei's new... Read more...
Display technology has continued to improve over the past several years, and not just with higher-resolution panels. The next big shift is a transition from liquid crystal display (LCD) panels to organic light emitting diode (OLED) screens. As it... Read more...
Russia may soon roll out its own state-controlled cryptocurrency called CryptoRuble. Unlike Bitcoin, Ethereum, LiteCoin, and other types of cryptocurrency that are all the rage these days, Russia's digital coins cannot be mined. CryptoRubles will be... Read more...