Latest News - February 2018
- Researchers Develop All New Exploits For Meltdown And Spectre Processor Vulnerabilities
- Samsung Pauses Galaxy S8 Android Oreo Rollout After Reports Of Unexpected Reboots
- Facebook Shamelessly Abuses Two-Factor Authentication System To SMS Spam Users With Click Bait
- New iOS Bug Easily Crashes iPhones With A Single-Character Text Message
- Microsoft Brings Ultimate Performance Mode To Windows 10, Releases Redstone 5 Test Builds
- Leaked Intel Roadmap Highlights Coffee Lake-E/H/S 6-Core Laptop Variants, Cascade Lake-SP For 2018
- Nintendo Labo Videos Show Off What Switch Gamers Can Do With Cardboard
- Intel Expands Bug Bounty Program To All, Adds Side-Channel Payouts Up To $250,000
- Ampere And Turing: NVIDIA's Future GeForce Gaming And Cryptocurrency Mining GPUs?
- Intel Graphics Driver Adds Game Optimization Control For Intel Integrated And AMD Vega GPUs
- Bill Gates Fears Tech Industry Stonewalling Government Device Access Might Backfire
- HTC Smartphone Chief Chialin Chang Resigns Following Google Acquisition
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Benchmark Leak Shows Exynos 9810 Beating Snapdragon 845
- NSA, FBI And CIA Chiefs Warn Americans Not To Buy Huawei And ZTE Phones Over National Security Risk
All News for February 2018
Recently discovered vulnerabilities present in practically every processor manufactured in the past two decades have caused quite the headache, for both companies like Intel and AMD, and end users who have to balance software patches with... Read more...
Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ owners were excited to learn that Samsung’s Android 8.0 Oreo update had exited beta, and was being distributed to regular customers. Samsung initially began the over-the-air (OTA) rollout for users in Germany, and then... Read more...
You can never be too cautious when it comes to security, and for that reason turning on two-factor authentication (when available) is typically a good thing. Unfortunately, Facebook has decided to... Read more...
Bugs seem to be a common occurrence when it comes to iOS and macOS these days. That became even more apparent this week after Italian bloggers discovered that you can crash iOS devices (i.e. iPhones and iPads) with a single text message. The bug is... Read more...
As Microsoft has done in the past, it has created a fork in its Windows Insider program as it looks ahead to its next major upgrade. Insiders who want to stay on the current path can do so and will continue to receive new Redstone 4 builds in both... Read more...
We are all patiently waiting for Intel to release processors based on its 10-nanometer Cannon Lake architecture, but in the meantime, the company may not be finished extending out its Coffee Lake... Read more...
A series of new Nintendo Labo videos have turned up that highlight what exactly gamers will be able to do once they build their cardboard creations. The catch here is that while Nintendo has put the videos up in English on its main Labo page... Read more...
Intel has been operating its Bug Bounty Program for nearly a year now, with the program originally launching back in March 2017. Initially, the only way that hackers or security researchers could participate was to receive an invite from Intel... Read more...
NVIDIA's Pascal architecture has been underpinning its GeForce series of gaming GPUs for nearly the past two years – it’s high time for an upgrade. We've heard rumors of a GA104 GPU called Ampere that is supposed to underpin a new GeForce GTX 2000... Read more...
Intel has released a new graphics driver for the integrated GPUs included with its vast family of consumers "Core" processors. In addition to the usual performance tweaks and bug fixes, Intel... Read more...
Bill Gates, the billionaire co-founder of Microsoft who now spends his days on philanthropy through his Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, made some comments that might ruffle a few feathers in the tech industry. Speaking to Axios, Gates warned that... Read more...
There is some moving and shaking going on at HTC, which is seemingly the result of Google acquiring key members from the company's smartphone team. In the aftermath of that deal, HTC today announced that Chialin Chang is stepping down as President... Read more...
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is going to be an insanely fast smartphone, and doubly so if you don't live in the United States or China. New leaked benchmarks for the Galaxy S9 with the Exynos 9810 processor show that Samsung's newest SoC is a performance... Read more...
US Intelligence officials have determined that phones and services provided by Huawei, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer in China, and Chinese telecom ZTE pose a security risk to Americans, and that... Read more...