Latest News - January 2017
- Two And A Half Geeks 1/31/17: Kaby Lake Overclocking, Google Pixel XL vs GS7 Edge, DIY RetroPi, XPS 13 2-In-1 And More
- Apple Hits Fiscal Q1 Home Run With Record $78.4 Billion In Revenue On Sales Of 78.3 Million iPhones
- Google Chrome For iOS Heads To Open Source Chromium Repository
- Netgear Posts Firmware Updates After 31 Router Models Found Vulnerable To Password Hijacking
- Get A 32" HP Pavilion Quad HD Monitor For Only $300 And Much More
- Super Mario Run Downloaded 78 Million Times With Just 5 Percent Paying To Unlock Full Game
- This 23-inch Windows 10 Powered Digital Mirror Will Tell You Who’s The Fairest Of Them All
- Walmart Kills Its Amazon Prime Alternative But Expands Its Free Two-Day Shipping Service
- Fallout 4 Gains Native 1440p Support On PS4 Pro And High Resolution Texture Pack For PC
- Researcher Develops Completely Explosion-Proof Lithium Metal Battery With 2X Power Of Lithium Ion
- Plex Acquires Watchup To Stream National, Local And Internet News On Demand
- Resident Evil 7 Denuvo Anti-Tamper Tech Crumbles As Pirates Crack Game In Just 5 Days
- Ransomware Strikes Austrian Hotel's Electronic Door Locking System, Bitcoin Ransom Paid
- Swiss Researchers Make Autonomous Vehicles Safer By Using WiFi And Shared Sensor Data
All News for January 2017
Two And A Half Geeks 1/31/17: Kaby Lake Overclocking, Google Pixel XL vs GS7 Edge, DIY RetroPi, XPS 13 2-In-1 And More
In this latest episode of HotHardware’s Two And A Half Geeks, we chat about Intel Kaby Lake Overclocking and the Core i3-7350K, low power Kaby Lake-Y performance on Dell's XPS 13 2-in-1, the Google... Read more...
The losing streak is over. For the past three quarters, Apple has reported lower earnings on a year-over-year basis thanks in part to declining iPhone and Mac sales. However, Apple turned the tide... Read more...
It’s been a long time coming, but Google today announced that the iOS version of Chrome has now joined its Chromium open source project. Chrome doesn’t have nearly the same penetration rate on iOS that it does on other platforms, but it provides a... Read more...
Now might be a good time for Netgear to start doubling down on security for its networking products. The folks over at Trustwave found that 31 Netgear router models are susceptible to a security... Read more...
Welcome back for the latest installment of HOT deals, direct from our friends at TechBargains. On tap for you all today, we have deals on a HP Pavilion 32" 2560x1440 QHD WVA LED LCD Monitor, an LG 55UH6030 55" 4K UHD HDR Smart HDTV, and much more... Read more...
Even though Nintendo’s Super Mario Run is currently only available on the iOS platform, it has still been a tremendous success for the Japanese company. The game has been downloaded over 78 million... Read more...
A German outfit called Dirror has upped the ante on those digital frames that were so popular a few years ago and is selling a line of digital mirrors powered by Windows 10. The decorative mirrors... Read more...
Walmart is ending a free two-day shipping program it was piloting called ShippingPass, one that was intended to compete with Amazon's Prime service, though that's actually good news for customers. Instead of charging $49 per year for the benefit of... Read more...
Bethesda is preparing to deliver a high-resolution texture pack to PC for Fallout 4 next week, one that will require a somewhat burly PC to run. At the same time, Bethesda will push out its Fallout 4 Update 1.9 to PlayStation 4 Pro owners to make... Read more...
It seems that we're constantly hearing about promising new battery technologies and eventually one of them will stick. Mike Zimmerman, a professor at Tufts University and founder of Ionic Materials... Read more...
Plex has become a go-to software solution for media junkies that want to have one centralized place to organize all of their movies, TV shows and home videos. The software app has garnered millions of users thanks to its easy to user interface and... Read more...
Capcom, the publisher of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, received some rather disappointing news this week. The PC version of the game has already been cracked, with its Denuvo anti-piracy software being defeated by hackers in record time. We have to... Read more...
When ransomware strikes, its impact could range from mild to severe. Sometimes, ransomware targets regular users, while other times, it targets important mega-corporations (or even police stations). In this latest incident, it affected a hotel, and... Read more...
Semi- and fully-autonomous vehicles are becoming more commonplace on today's roads, however, they still make up a tiny fraction of all vehicles in operation. Many people are concerned over the interaction between self-driving and manually-operated... Read more...