Latest News - November 2018
- Google Touts Power-Saving Android Dark Mode After Admitting Mistakes With Material Design
- Microsoft Identifies Windows 10 Pro Activation Rollback Issue, Promises Quick Fix
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Review: A Workhorse That's Got Game
- XFX Radeon RX 590 FatBoy Polaris Refresh Gaming Card Leaks
- Samsung Mocked The Display Notch, But The Galaxy S10 Could Potentially Embrace It
- Staples Black Friday Deals Offer Fire TV Deals And Notebook Discounts Galore
- HTC Announces Vive Focus Standalone VR Headset Coming To US, Powered By Snapdragon
- 2018 MacBook Air Teardown Reveals Repair-Friendly Battery Placement
- Google Will Enable Android Users To Work Within Apps While They Are Updated
- Comcast Hopes To Chase Cord-Cutters With Set-Top Streaming Box
- Microsoft Confirms Some Windows 10 Pro Licenses Are Suddenly Being Deactivated
- Windows 10 Insider Preview 18277 Brings High DPI Scaling Enhancements And Alexa-Cortana Integration
- Google Bonito And Sargo Budget Pixel Smartphones Revealed In ARCore
- Google Contemplates Rebrand For Nest Smart Home Products
All News for November 2018
Most smartphone users understand that one of the things that will consume your battery the fastest is having your screen brightness set to maximum. Google recently talked with developers at its Android Dev Summit about what they can do to build apps... Read more...
Windows 10 is a hot mess right now, depending on your perspective. After rolling back the October 2018 Update for Windows 10 to address a file deletion bug and other quirks, some Windows 10 Pro users this week were being told (incorrectly) that... Read more...
Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 series of business-class laptops have long been staff favorites here at HotHardware, because in terms of fit, form, and functionally they just get things done. Lenovo ThinkPad keyboards have arguably been the best in the... Read more...
AMD might as well formally introduce the oft rumored Radeon RX 590 at this point—we all know it's coming, and several of AMD's add-in board (AIB) partners have designs in place, based on all of the leaks so far. The latest to join the fray is XFX... Read more...
Over the past few months we've heard some pretty interesting rumors about Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S10 flagship. One of the rumored features that is most likely to come to fruition is the inclusion of an in-display fingerprint sensor, replacing the... Read more...
Black Friday will be here before you know it, and lots of Christmas shoppers are in the process of limbering up their credit cards right now. We've already seen Black Friday ads from some of the biggest retailers out there including Costco, Sams's... Read more...
Nearly a year ago, HTC first revealed its Vive Focus, which is a standalone virtual reality (VR) headset powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 835 SoC. At the time, the device was said to be limited to the Chinese market. Today, however, HTC has... Read more...
After years of letting its popular MacBook Air languish without any meaningful updates, Apple finally updated the ultra-portable notebook late last month. While the overall wedge-shaped chassis is familiar, the new MacBook Air features a completely... Read more...
Waiting for an app to update is not the end of the world, but it can certainly be very irritating. There soon may be a way to work around this annoyance; Google recently announced at the Android Dev Summit that users will be able to continue to use... Read more...
The cable/satellite industry is finally having to face the music: customers are getting tired of rising TV service prices and are looking for alternative solutions. According to a recent report, Americans are fleeing cable and satellite TV packages... Read more...
Redmond, we have a problem. Some users who have Windows 10 Pro installed report getting a notification telling them their Windows license is no good, even though it's valid and has been working correctly for months or years. Apparently there is... Read more...
Microsoft hasn't exactly had smooth sailing with regards to its most recent major update for Windows 10. The company launched the October 2018 Update early last month, which was fraught with problems... Read more...
Google might be prepping a couple of new lower end smartphones, if some 'fishy' details revealed in its latest ARCore Android package (APK) are any indication. Contained within ARCore v1.5 are references to two unreleased devices, Bonito and Sargo... Read more...
Five years ago, Google in down and acquired Nest Labs for $3.2 billion in what amounted to an all-cash offer. It seems Google hasn't quite figured out how best to leverage its acquisition, which has been shuffled around the organization a couple of... Read more...