Latest News - February 2018
- EVGA Supernova G1+ PSUs Deliver Modular 80+ Gold Efficiency In More Compact Designs
- Russian Nuclear Scientists Hijacked Supercomputers For Cryptocurrency Mining
- Google Messages App Update Could Enable Texting From Any Desktop PC
- Nintendo Switch Hacked To Run Debian Linux Via Unpatchable Exploit
- iOS iBoot Source Code Was Leaked By Former Apple Engineering Intern
- EFF Files For DMCA Exemption To Jailbreak Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod
- 'Nigerian Prince' Financial Scam Roars Back To Life In The Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Age
- Leaked Intel Core i7 Coffee Lake H CPU Benchmarks Show 35% Uplift Over Previous Gen
- Waymo And Uber Reach $244 Million Autonomous Vehicle Settlement After Just A Week In Court
- ASRock Releases Ryzen 2000 Series Zen+ BIOS Updates For Its AM4 Motherboards
- NVIDIA Cranks-Up GPU Production To Satisfy Gamers And Booming Cryptocurrency Mining Demand
- Samsung Galaxy S9 DeX Pad Accessory Leaks Adding Touchpad Functionality To DeX UI Experience
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon Fire Hazard Recall Proves That Lenovo Has A Few Screws Loose
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Rocking GA104 Ampere GPU Rumored To Arrive In April
All News for February 2018
In case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of a GPU release drought. The last launch was NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, which came three months after AMD pushed its Radeon RX Vega out the door. Based on current rumor, NVIDIA's next-gen Ampere... Read more...
In the span of a few short years, cryptocurrency mining went from being virtually unknown to making making waves in the tech community. While mining may not have caught on with mainstream audiences yet, the entire market has been affected by the... Read more...
If you use an Android smartphone, you are probably familiar with the Android Messages application (since it is the default messaging application used on many devices). There are other Android messaging applications out there in use on some devices... Read more...
The Nintendo Switch has been incredibly popular and is the fastest selling game console in U.S. history. Late last year, word surfaced of a band of hackers working on a homebrew hack that could allow users to put their own content on the Switch, but... Read more...
Apple keeps an ultra tight grip on iOS and is not keen on sharing its proprietary code. Even so, the company's iBoot source code for iOS 9 was recently leaked to the web, and even though Apple's mobile devices now run on iOS 11, it is very likely... Read more...
The jailbreaking community is alive and well, and people frequently install "unauthorized" software on their smartphones and tablets once they’ve cracked the bootloader. This practice is often frowned upon by device OEMs (especially Apple), but it... Read more...
If you're well-seasoned internet user, surely you have seen scams over the years that revolved around a Nigerian prince who needs your help to move money out of the country. We all know that it is a scam, yet for a long time, people have fallen for... Read more...
When it comes to upcoming hot hardware, we love leaks. Thankfully for us, one of Intel's upcoming mobile gaming chips -- the Core i7-8850H -- is making its presence known early via the SiSoft SANDRA benchmarking suite. The Core i7-8850H is based on... Read more...
Alphabet's Waymo and Uber have agreed to bury the hatchet and settle a lawsuit revolving the latter's self-driving vehicle aspirations. As a result, Uber will pay Alphabet a hefty sum (in the eyes of... Read more...
Around this time last month, AMD got a jump on the hectic craziness surrounding the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) by making a series of product announcements, including a second generation Ryzen lineup based on its Zen+ architecture, a tweaked... Read more...
When AMD announced its earnings last week, the company made it a point to indicate that it would boost capacity in order to address the GPU supply strain caused by booming cryptocurrency mining... Read more...
Samsung is planning to introduce a Desktop Experience (DeX) docking station would allow the company's upcoming Galaxy S9 smartphone to be used as a touchpad, or maybe even a virtual keyboard. Lest... Read more...
In a letter to customers, Lenovo admitted it has a few loose screws. Or more accurately, the company's ThinkPad X1 Carbon (5th generation) does. Due to this, Lenovo is voluntarily recalling some of these thin and light laptops, as the loose screws... Read more...
We are at the tail end of the work week, so let's cap things off with a juicy rumor, shall we? Or maybe it better to refer to this as wild speculation. Whatever you want to call it, chatter on the web suggests that NVIDIA is preparing a next... Read more...