Latest News - October 2017
- Cryptocurrency Mining Software Is Secretly Churning On Half A Billion PCs Worldwide
- PUBG Preps Delightful Desert Map And Vaulting System Update, Crests 2.3 Million Concurrent Users
- GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Benchmarks Leaked From Ashes Of The Singularity Database
- OnePlus To Be More Transparent About OxygenOS Data Collection Following Backlash
- Download Google’s Pixel 2 Launcher And Give Any Android Phone A Pixel 2 UI Makeover
- Politifact Fact Checking Website Hacked To Mine Monero Cryptocurrency
- Ethereum Price Surges Inspiring Confidence With Tricky Byzantium Code Update Set For Sunday
- Future iPhones May Gain Apple Pencil Support, Copying Signature Galaxy Note Feature
- Qualcomm Lawsuits Seek To Cripple Apple With iPhone Production And Sales Ban In China
- Pi-Top Raspberry Pi Modular Laptop Redesigned With 14-inch 1080p Display
- iOS 11 Already Surpasses 44 Percent Adoption, Overtakes iOS 10 Install Base
- Samsung Forecasts Record Q3 Profits As CEO Announces Resignation Amid 'Unprecedented Crisis'
- Microsoft Windows 10 Violates Privacy Laws, Lacks Consumer Transparency Says Dutch Privacy Authority
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 (2017) Review: Nearly Perfect With OLED
All News for October 2017
All statistics are notable in their own right, but once in a while, one comes along that seems downright mind-boggling. Take this one: 500 million people are currently affected by unauthorized cryptocurrency mining. Remember when pop-up ads were the... Read more...
PlayerUnknown's Battleground (PUBG) just keeps getting better, and apparently more addictive. Having only days ago setting a concurrent user record (1.5 million) on Steam, where the game is available... Read more...
There have been lots of rumors surrounding NVIDIA's still-unannounced GeForce GTX 1070 Ti, most of which point to a launch happening later this month. Missing from all the chatter, however, has been any benchmarks. Well, that changes today. The... Read more...
After an almost mind-boggling number of security and privacy issues that have deluged into our lives over the past handful of years, you'd think that companies would begin to take their customers' private data seriously. Still, there are some who... Read more...
Are you a little too anxious for the upcoming launch of Google's highly anticipated Pixel 2? If so, or you simply love the idea of getting an early look at how Google setup Oreo on its new flagship smartphones, we think we have a new weekend project... Read more...
Some websites inject your PC with a cryptocurrency mining script to tap into your system's CPU cycles. It is used as an alternative to advertising (or sometimes in conjunction with it) to make money off of your visits, though not all sites are... Read more...
Something big is happening in the cryptocurrency market. Ethereum, the second largest digital coin behind Bitcoin, is receiving a major change to its codebase on Sunday, and nobody knows what exactly... Read more...
Apple is often accused of "adopting" features that have been found on Android devices for years, and making a big deal out of them when finally integrated into its own devices. Qualcomm was nice enough to give us a pretty nice rundown of tech that... Read more...
The gloves are coming off in the legit brawl between two major players in the smartphone industry: Qualcomm and Apple. While we've detailed the legal bickering between the two tech giants on this site on numerous occasions, Qualcomm's latest move is... Read more...
Education startup pi-top has rolled out a revised version of its take on a Raspberry Pi-powered laptop. According to pi-top, the modular laptop is designed to help students learn how to code, and give them experience with piecing together electronic... Read more...
We are not trying to spark of war of words between iOS and Android users, but when it comes to platform fragmentation, it does not really exist in the iPhone community. What is equally remarkable, however, is how quickly iPhone owners adopt major... Read more...
Weird things can happen on Friday the 13th. Case in point, Samsung today announced its earnings guidance for the third quarter of 2017, saying it expects to a record operating profit of 14.5 trillion... Read more...
Microsoft Windows 10 Violates Privacy Laws, Lacks Consumer Transparency Says Dutch Privacy Authority
This isn't the first time that Windows 10 has come under attack from government regulators, and it probably won't be the last. Autoriteir Persoonsgegevens, the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for the... Read more...
One could argue that the two primary features of a modern laptop that can most prominently define the user experience would be its display and keyboard. After all, these two aspects make up the majority of a notebook PC's human-computer interface... Read more...