Latest News - December 2018
- Intel Ghost Canyon X NUC Rumored With 8-Core, 16-Thread Core i9 CPU
- Qualcomm Predicts Android Phone Makers Will Blitz Consumers With 5G Handsets In 2019
- Study Finds Google Manipulates Logged Out Search Results Even In Incognito Mode
- Hackers Enable Guerrilla Marketing Campaigns With Mass Printer Hijacking Service
- Verizon To Offer Inseego MiFi 5G NR Mobile Hotspot With Multi-Gig Data Speeds
- Qualcomm Announces Powerful 7nm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Chip And In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
- Razer Blade Stealth Trims The Bezels, Boosts Battery Life, And Adds GeForce GPU
- Intel Looks Beyond CMOS With Low-Power Quantum-Based MESO Logic Devices
- Bethesda Caves: Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition Customers Will Get Their Canvas Bags
- AT&T Also Getting Onboard With Samsung 5G Smartphone By Spring 2019
- How To Build A Valve Steam Link Gaming Device With Raspberry Pi 3
- Microsoft Mocks iPads In Surface Go Holiday Ad Telling You To Buy A Real Computer
- AMD CEO Su Claims Navi Radeon GPUs Will Challenge NVIDIA High-End Turing In 2019
- Rockstar Vows To Tweak Red Dead Online In-Game Economy After Complaints
All News for December 2018
It's pretty amazing how much computing power manufacturers can cram into increasingly smaller enclosures these days. Intel's Next Unit of Computing (NUC) line is one of the better representations of this, as its pint-sized Hades Canyon NUC wields an... Read more...
We're hearing a lot about the future of wireless connectivity, and specifically 5G, but when will it happen on a mass scale? Two things need to occur—wireless carriers need to aggressively roll out and expand their 5G networks, and phone makers have... Read more...
We all know that Google gathers a plethora of data on us as we surf the web and stay logged into Google accounts. You might think that Chrome's incognito mode allows you to surf the web anonymously where Google isn't tweaking results of your... Read more...
A group of hackers claims to have a service that will allow anyone willing to spend $250 to send out a "marketing" campaign that can reach "every single printer in the world." The people are offering to sell advertisers a spot in "the most viral ad... Read more...
As much hype as there is surrounding 5G connectivity, it will likely be several years before the faster wireless standard becomes commonplace. That day can't arrive fast enough, as far as we're concerned. The same goes for Inseego, formerly Novatel... Read more...
Qualcomm Announces Powerful 7nm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Chip And In-Display Ultrasonic Fingerprint Sensor
The time has come for a new generation of Snapdragon SoCs for mobile devices, and Qualcomm used its Snapdragon Technology Summit to announce its latest flagship chip. Meet the Snapdragon 855, which... Read more...
Razer's Blade Stealth ultraportable is getting a big upgrade, and we must say that it's looking pretty good. The notebook has gotten a chassis redesign with smaller bezels to the left and right of the 13.3-inch Micro Edge display. Those bezels now... Read more...
Intel insists it's on track to ship 10-nanometer processors in volume by the end of next year, but what could be even more exciting is what lies beyond the confines of CMOS (complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor) technology. In a newly published... Read more...
Fallout 76 players may finally have one thing to smile about. Bethesda has promised that Fallout 76: Power Armor Edition customers will receive replacement canvas bags. The canvas bag debacle is just one of the many difficulties surrounding the... Read more...
You didn't really think that AT&T was gonna sit by and let Verizon hog the limelight with 5G announcements, did you? Of course not. Yesterday, Verizon announced that it would be bringing a Samsung smartphone to market during the first half of... Read more...
Valve recently had a fire sale on its Steam Link accessory, which sold for a meager $2.50 during Black Friday and Cyber Monday as Valve looked to rid itself of all existing stock. Forever—it's not coming back. That's a bummer, though in its place is... Read more...
Apple really annoyed the snot out of people around this time last year with its condescending and downright annoying commercial for the iPad. In it, a young girl can be seen going about her day working on her iPad performing varying tasks. Towards... Read more...
AMD is investing heavily into 7-nanometer manufacturing technology, both for its CPUs and GPUs, only one of which currently competes at the high end of the market. That would be AMD's processor family, and specifically its Ryzen, Threadripper, and... Read more...
The most successful video game launch in entertainment industry history goes to Red Dead Redemption 2 with $752 million in sales in the first three days the game was available. The praise for the game continues to pile up, but the same can't be said... Read more...