Latest News - August 2014
- GoPro Flyover of Apple's Spaceship HQ Build Site Gives You The Scenic Tour
- Don’t Trip Over The Power Cord, ‘Human Error’ Caused Massive Time Warner Network Outage
- LizardSquad DDoS Hacker Group Reportedly Busted And Exposed
- Upscale Apple Again, iWatch Rumored To Weigh In At $400
- Intel Poaches Qualcomm Exec In Continuing Effort To Bolster Mobile Penetration
- Apple's iWatch Might Be Announced On Sept 9th, But Its Shipping Date Will Be Months Away
- Volition To Send Players To Hell In 2015 With Standalone Saints Row Expansion 'Gat Out Of Hell'
- Facebook Testing Advanced Search Feature on Mobile, Allows Your Friends To Dig Up Your Past
- HTC One E8 Trades M8's Metallic Body For Plastic, Lands At Sprint For $100 On-Contract
- Dell Tempts Gamers With Curvy 34-Inch UltraSharp Monitor, Slated For Holiday Release
- Huawei Ascend P7 Banished From 3DMark Ice Storm Rankings For Alleged Cheating
- Microsoft Shutting Down MSN Messenger, Replacing It With Skype
- HOT! Alienware Spawns A Newly Designed Area 51 Desktop, Haswell-E On Board [Updated]
- Nokia HERE Maps Coming To Samsung's Galaxy Line, HERE Beta For Android
All News for August 2014
When GoPro's versatile cameras first hit the market, they became an instant hit. Finally, ordinary users were able to capture some cool lifestyle footage without having to break their bank accounts. Now, drones have hit the market in a big way, and... Read more...
On Wednesday morning, every single Time Warner Cable Internet subscriber found themselves without access to the World Wide Web. Internet downtime isn't entirely uncommon, of course, but it is when we're talking this kind of scale. The worst of it in... Read more...
Lizard Squad has been on a DDoS attack rampage for the past couple of weeks with Sony’s PlayStation Network, Blizzard’s Battle.net, League of Legends, and NCSoft all succumbing to its attacks with Twitch being its latest target. However... Read more...
One way or the other, Apple has a very busy week coming up. The Cupertino company confirmed plans to hold a press event on September 9, and you can expect there to be at least one new iPhone model, along with possibly a long anticipated iWatch... Read more...
Qualcomm still lists a biography for Amir Faintuch on its Leadership page, though that will soon change, as the former President of Qualcomm Atheros is headed over to Intel to boost the Santa Clara chipmaker's relevance in the fields of mobile and... Read more...
We reported a couple of days ago that Apple's much-hyped iWatch could be unveiled at the company's September 9th press event, and while that still seems likely, what's also likely is that the device won't ship for a number of months. Sources close... Read more...
Volition's Saints Row series is well-known for being one of the most ridiculous out there in terms of story and gameplay, and it appears that not a thing will change with the company's next... Read more...
Late this week, Facebook announced that it's begun rolling out a new mobile feature to a small number of users that greatly enhances the service's search capabilities. Anyone who's ever used... Read more...
You don't hear too many smartphone owners complaining about the premium design of their handset, and certainly the metal construction of HTC's One M8 is a highlight of the device. However, there's something to be said for plastic -- it's lighter and... Read more...
It's not easy to make a splash in tech news when you're going up against a major processor microarchitecture release like Haswell-E, though Dell managed to do just that by unveiling its uniquely redesigned Alienware Area 51 desktop yesterday... Read more...
In Futuremark's world, you either play by the rules or you're banished from the benchmarking kingdom. It's happened before -- on more than one occasion, actually -- and it just happened again, this time to Chinese handset maker Huawei and its Ascend... Read more...
It is hard to believe that it has been almost two years since Microsoft had announced that it was replacing MSN Messenger with Skype. When the announcement was made, many expected it to be integrated with Skype. But instead, it has continued on... Read more...
Today is a pretty big day in technology. Not only did Intel's long-anticipated Haswell-E finally roll into town (check out review of the burly Intel Core i7 5960X CPU), but we also get a sneak peek at a completely redesigned Alienware Area 51... Read more...
On Android, given that it's built by Google, consumers already have access to what is arguably the best routing/navigational app in the known universe: Google Maps. But if for some reason that doesn't appeal to you, there's another major player... Read more...