January February March April May June July August September October November December
Latest News - January 2015
- The Pirate Bay Rises From The Ashes Nearly Two Months After Police Raid
- BMW Pushes OTA Update To 2 Million Vehicles, Prevents Hackers From Unlocking Doors
- Say What? 'Exploding Kittens' Game Scores Record Kickstarter Support
- Marriott Abandons Petition Seeking Permission To Block Wi-Fi Hotspots
- AT&T Easily Outspends Rivals In FCC's $45 Billion Wireless Spectrum Auction
- Google Earth Pro Drops From $399 Per Year To Free
- Verizon To Make Its Not So Delicious 'Supercookies' Opt-Out
- Round-Up: GeForce GTX 980 and 970 Cards From MSI, EVGA, and Zotac Reviewed
- OnePlus Teases Custom OxygenOS ROM For 'One' Smartphone
- AMD Moves To Capitalize On GeForce GTX 970 Memory Bug With Radeon R9 Price Cuts
- Backup Plan: Microsoft Set To Make $70 Million Investment In Cyanogen
- Jay-Z Targets Spotify With $56 Million Purchase Of Nordic Streaming Company Aspiro
- British Telecom To Blanket UK With 500Mbps, 1Gbps Broadband Starting In 2016
- The Egg Is Coming To Store, Share, And Secure Your Mobile Data, Sans Cloud
Search 2019January February March April May June July August September October November December
All News for January 2015
When we last gave you a status update on The Pirate Bay back in late December, we were given the impression that the site would make a full recovery. If you recall, earlier that month The Pirate Bay was the subject of a Swedish police raid that... Read more...
You think getting an OTA update for your smartphone to prevent someone from being able to remotely access it is notable? Imagine getting an update for your car to prevent someone from being able to access it! That's what the owners of some BMW... Read more...
Try wrapping your head around this one -- the most backed campaign in Kickstarter history is a card game called Exploding Cats. Go ahead and read that as many times as you wish, just be warned it won't ever make sense. Nothing does anymore, so... Read more...
Give Marriott International a half-hearted gold star for finally committing to leaving Wi-Fi hotspots alone. Bruce Hoffmeister, Global Chief Information Office for Marriott, issued a statement saying the hotel chain has decided to withdraw its... Read more...
In what's been described as "by far the highest-earning spectrum auction the United States has ever seen" by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Tom Wheeler, AT&T led the way by spending a whopping $18.2 billion on wireless licenses... Read more...
Google dropped its pay model for Google Earth Pro this week, opening all of the software’s advanced mapping tools to the public. You can now measure buildings, records your “flights” around the virtual globe, and print hi-res photos of any location... Read more...
AT&T and Verizon Wireless received a lot of backlash from privacy advocates back in October when it was discovered both carriers were using a Unique Identifier Header (UIDH) to track its customers. Unlike regular cookies, which can be deleted by... Read more...
At this point, if you’re an avid follower of PC and gaming tech, we’ll assume that you’ve heard about NVIDIA’s Maxwell GPU architecture and the full line-up of graphics cards it powers. We most recently took a look at the mainstream GeForce GTX 960... Read more...
Smartphone startup OnePlus is gearing up to reveal its Android ROM, but the date for the unveiling is a matter of debate. The phone maker teased the ROM and announced its name – OxygenOS – and said “Stay tuned; more information is coming February... Read more...
Considering the fact that AMD's 300 series GPUs are not expected to be unveiled for another couple of months, the company has got to be thanking its lucky stars that an unforeseen GeForce GTX 970 side-effect has come to light. Unless you've been... Read more...
Windows Phone hasn’t exactly been a shining success for Microsoft. In a smartphone market dominated by smartphones running Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS, Microsoft has been left to pickup the table scraps along with fallen star BlackBerry. Yes... Read more...
With more than 100 million record sales under his belt, rapper Jay-Z is already one of the most successful musicians, ever. But music is only part of Jay-Z’s estimated $520 million empire, which also features a clothing line and 40/40 Club bars... Read more...
British Telecom (BT) has an ambitious plan to supercharge the U.K.'s broadband infrastructure. Gavin Patterson, CEO of BT, outlined plans to deploy its "G.fast" technology on a widespread scale, starting with two pilot locations this summer... Read more...
Despite the fact that "cloud" storage has nothing to do with our atmosphere, it's somehow still managed to catch on. In fact, chances are good that you already take advantage of a cloud solution, whether it be Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, and et... Read more...