Latest News - May 2015
- NVIDIA Sets Gaming Notebooks Ablaze With Mobile G-SYNC, 75Hz Displays
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Review: A Cheaper Titan X Arrives
- Microsoft Delivers ‘Halo 3: ODST’ To Long-Suffering ‘Master Chief Collection’ Gamers
- Recently Hacked IRS Still Relies On Windows XP And 19-Year-Old Fraud-Sniffing Software
- Newegg Leaks Windows 10 Home, Professional OEM Pricing
- Off-Contract T-Mobile Microsoft Lumia 435 Plummets To Just $50 At Walmart
- Apple Proclaims Erratic Heart Rate Readings Following Apple Watch Update Are Normal
- EVGA Cools NVIDIA's Monstrous GeForce GTX TITAN X With 'Hybrid' Liquid Cooler
- Qualcomm And Google Hit Augmented Reality Dance Floor With Project Tango Smartphone
- Windows 10 Is Unfortunately No Magic Elixir For Sagging PC Sales
- Windows 10 Build 10130 Accelerates To 'Fast Ring' With UI, Cortana Enhancements
- With Tox, Now Anyone Can Create Ransomware...And For Free
- Apple Strengthens Reality Distortion Field By Acquiring Augmented Reality Firm Metaio
- Gigabyte Ensures Its FM2+ Motherboards Will Play Nice With AMD's Godavari APUs
All News for May 2015
We were first given a taste of NVIDIA G-SYNC technology over a year and a half ago and it was definitely quite a sweet dish. Like competing solutions from AMD (FreeSync), G-SYNC aims to rid gamers of synchronization-related maladies like VSync input... Read more...
When NVIDIA launched the GeForce GTX Titan X a few weeks back, it did a couple of things. In addition to releasing the fastest single-GPU-powered graphics card we have seen to date, it also created a huge gap in NVIDIA’s desktop GPU line-up. The... Read more...
Owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection for the Xbox One can now download Remnant, a re-imagined version of the Halo 2 multiplayer map, and Halo 3: ODST, Microsoft and 343 Industries announced. The latter was previously promised as part of an... Read more...
Given their importance, it'd be easy to believe that an institution such as the IRS would have sufficient security measures in place to protect our data - the tax information of everyone in the United States. As we discovered last week though... Read more...
Despite the wealth of information that's come out of Microsoft these past few months on its upcoming Windows 10, it's remained tight-lipped with regards to two things most people want to know: what it will cost, and when it will be released? For... Read more...
Penny pinching T-Mobile subscribers can now score Microsoft's entry-level Lumia 435 smartphone for less than $50 ($49.88 to be exact) from Walmart. That's about half the price it was selling for when it first turned up in the U.S. about three months... Read more...
Leave it to Apple to write off what many see as a bug or a decrease in functionality as a “feature.” Maybe it’s part of the reality distortion field (RDF) that we briefly mentioned yesterday, but Apple is definitely stretching things quite a bit... Read more...
As we discovered in March, NVIDIA's GeForce GTX TITAN X is a seriously powerful graphics card. Under its hood are 8 billion transistors -- 50% more than the GTX 980. Despite that, it shares the same exact form-factor and reference cooler as the GTX... Read more...
At Google's I/O conference, held late this week, Qualcomm announced that the next-generation Project Tango platform is going to sport its Snapdragon 810 processor, which packs in the very capable Adreno 430 GPU. As we've covered before, Project... Read more...
Microsoft is nearing the release of its Windows 10 operating system, which is expected to debut by the end of summer. Typically a new Windows launch would mean a spike in PC sales, and while that may still be the case, the new OS isn't likely to be... Read more...
Just a little over a week since it released build 10122 of its Windows 10 Preview, Microsoft hits us with another: build 10130. As with 10122, 10130 is part of the fast ring, so in order to get it, you'll need to make sure that's the option chosen... Read more...
It seems that it was just yesterday that someone had to know a thing or two about software and programming to wreak havoc on fine upstanding Internet citizens via malware incursion. Ah, the good old days. Nostalgia aside, though, one cannot help but... Read more...
It was reported late this week that Apple is looking to make its voice heard in the growing augmented reality chorus with the purchase of Metaio. Metaio, an augmented reality firm that dates all the way back to 2003, gives Apple instant access to... Read more...
AMD on Thursday introduced the world to its A10-7870K APU, otherwise known as Godavari, though it's actually a light refresh of the existing Kaveri core. Codenames aside, the A10-7870K APU is a compelling option with a slight speed bump in clock... Read more...