Latest News - June 2015
- Microsoft Moves To Make Learning Fun With 'Minecraft In Education' Initiative
- MIT’s Automatic Software Bug Repair System Borrows Code From Other Apps
- 34% Off Lenovo Z41 Laptops, $699 Samsung 48” Curved HDTVs And Mobile Accessories For Summer!
- Samsung’s Successful Tizen Experiment Sprouting Additional Smartphones This Year
- Finnish Texting Pioneer Matti Makkonen Passes Away At Age 63
- Sprint Goes ‘All-In’ With $80 Unlimited Plan, Limits Streaming Video To 600Kbps
- Google Earth Celebrates 10th Birthday With Voyager And Expanded Earth View
- OnePlus 2 Images Leak, Fingerprint Sensor Supposedly ‘Faster Than Touch ID’
- Finish Line In Sight As Microsoft Delivers Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10158
- Round-Up Of This Month’s Best Deals In The HotHardware Shop
- Oxford Professor Says Future AI Could Enslave Humans, Sustain Us With ‘Heroin Drips’
- Microsoft Ups Your Comedic Game In Online Chats With CAHOOTS
- AMD Radeon R9 Fury X Review: Fiji And HBM Put To The Test
- Acer Brings 34 Inches Of Curved FreeSync QHD Love With XR341CK Monitor
All News for June 2015
Minecraft is a blockbuster game that has been played by millions around the globe, both young and old. The incredible popularity of the game is what prompted Microsoft to buy the game’s creator, Mojang, for $2.5 billion in late 2014. And while... Read more...
Developing an application isn't a cake walk, although it can seem like one if all we're talking about is getting a program up and running. Perhaps the biggest chore with developing an app is securing it tight, analyzing the code until you arrive at... Read more...
Welcome back for the latest installment of HOT deals, courtesy of TechBargains. On tap for you all today, we have deals on a Lenovo Z41 14" laptop with discrete Radeon graphics, a Samsung... Read more...
Samsung had big plans for its Tizen platform, the home-brewed mobile operating system that was supposed to free the company from its dependency on Android. That hasn't happen yet, and probably never will, though that doesn't mean Samsung is ready to... Read more...
The mobile industry has lost a giant. His name is Matti Makkonen, and though that might not be a name you're familiar with, you probably use a technology that he helped pioneer -- text messaging. Known as the father of SMS, Makkonen passed away at... Read more...
Sprint is bringing out the big guns to promote its new All-In “unlimited” calling, texting, and data plans. The third-player U.S. wireless carrier has brought out none other than David Beckham to pitch All-In, but there are a lot of “gotchas” that... Read more...
Time flies when you’re mapping the world. Google Earth turned 10 today, so Engineering Manager Sean Aksay celebrated by announcing a new tool for finding interesting places around the world and a collection of some of the most beautiful images of... Read more...
Little by little, we're learning new things about the OnePlus 2, the successor to the popular OnePlus One that was originally supposed to launch on June 1. We still don't know when the new flagship model will be available to purchase, but in the... Read more...
We’re less than a month away from the retail release of Windows 10 and the tech community is eagerly awaiting its arrival. Windows 10 promises to rid consumers of the bad taste that Windows 8 left in their mouths, introduces a number of new features... Read more...
We’ve got a bunch of cool products and courses currently for sale in the HotHardware Shop, at huge discount--a couple are discounted over 90%. Whether you’re in the market for a Nano Drone or want to learn how to administer Linux systems, we’ve got... Read more...
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak isn't the only one envisioning a world where artificially intelligent systems rise up and rule over mankind. So Dr. Stuart Armstrong, an academic at the Future of Humanity at Oxford University. According to Armstrong... Read more...
Five Microsoft researchers and a Carnegie Mellon University student joined forces this year to answer one of life’s most pressing questions: Can a computer be funny? To find the answer, researchers developed as computerized funnyman, CAHOOTS, to... Read more...
Last week, AMD lifted the veil in its Radeon R7 and R9 300 series of products and publicly demoed its latest flagship, the Radeon R9 Fury X, at a small venue adjacent to E3. While the Radeon R7 and R9 300 series leverages existing GPU designs that... Read more...
Acer is on a bit of a roll in the gaming monitor space. First they challenged the excellent ASUS ROG Swift with their obtusely-named but glorious XB270HU, which delivered the holy grail: 1440p, G-Sync support, 144Hz refresh rate, and an IPS panel... Read more...