Latest News - May 2013
- LinkedIn Fights Social Hacking With Two-Factor Authentication
- Apple Raises iPad and iPod Pricing in Japan On Weakening Yen
- ASUS Teases Android-Powered Batman Toy On Google+ with "WeTransform" Slogan
- AMD's Xbox One Design Win with Microsoft Reportedly Valued at Over $3 Billion
- Dell Saga Nearing an End? Board Asks Shareholders to Vote on Buyout Offer
- Asus Unveils Bodacious 4K Ultra HD 31.5-Inch Monitor
- Ubuntu Founder Closes Famed Bug 1 Report On Waning Microsoft Market Share
- DARPA Announces Android-Powered Adaptable Surveillance Sensor
- Nuance CEO Confirms Its Technology is the Heart of Apple’s Siri
- BlueStacks’ GamePop Android Game Console Adds $50 of Free Games as Kicker
- Intel Unseats ARM in Samsung Galaxy 3 10.1 Android Tablet
- Poland-Born Boddie Smartwatch Launches Crowdfunding Campaign
- SmartThings Launches Open Platform To Let Your Phone Control Almost Anything
- HTC Nixing 12" Windows RT Table Due To Weak Overall Projected Demand
All News for May 2013
A compromised password for your social network account can quickly jump from an inconvenience to a nightmare, so services like Google have long offered two-step verification features to help you prove you’re, well, you. LinkedIn is finally... Read more...
Prices for Apple iPads and iPods have shot up sharply in Japan amid desperate attempts by the country’s financial leadership to stop deflation. According to Reuters, Japan’s economy is struggling as the yen has fallen 20% against the... Read more...
ASUS has some announcements brewing for Computex in a few days, and they’re teasing with the slogan “WeTransform”. Presumably, this has something to do with the company’s Transformer line of tablets, and/or possibly with some... Read more...
Despite Intel’s dominance in the PC chip market, AMD is not going away; far from it. Talking to them at CES, you could tell the AMD folks had a plan, and apparently the Xbox One was part of it. AMD chips underpin the new consoles, and... Read more...
What was supposed to be a relatively quick and easy buyout of Dell, the world's third largest PC vendor, has turned into a drawn out dispute over the company's value, with Carl Icahn having emerged as one of the loudest voices of dissent. Perhaps... Read more...
4K is quite the in-thing these days. Where 3D failed, 4K resolution is apt to thrive. Why? No glasses, of course. And people tend to really, really love pixels -- just look at how well the Retina display has gone over in the iPhone and MacBook Pro... Read more...
In what amounts to a declaration of, "The king is dead, long live the king!," Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth believes Linux has finally dethroned Windows as the world's most dominant operating system, thus prompting him to close the No. 1 bug in... Read more...
DARPA is known for doing some pretty outlandish things, partly in the world of technology and partly in the world of military. And often, those sectors cross paths. DARPA's Adaptable Sensor System (ADAPT) program has launched this week, aiming to... Read more...
One of the worst kept secrets in Cupertino is that Apple's beloved Siri voice assistant contains DNA from Nuance Communications, the same company that birthed the Dragon line of speech recognition products. The fact is, Nuance has quite the... Read more...
BlueStacks already has a pretty intriguing deal for people interested in its GamePop Android game console -- sign up for a monthly subscription by the end of June and you'll receive the console and a controller for free -- and it just got a little... Read more...
In sports, it's said that a playoff series doesn't truly begin until a team wins a game on the opponent's home court. If the same philosophy applies to competition in the technology space, then consider it "Game on" in the mobile space, as Intel... Read more...
There’s yet another entry in the smartwatch market, and this one’s from Poland, the effort of Reardon Technology. The company is launching an indiegogo campaign in an attempt to raise some funds to kick its Boddie smartwatch project into... Read more...
When you're dealing with a name such as SmartThings, it's hard to disregard it as something that won't make an impact in the world, right? This week, the company just mentioned made a big announcement by opening up a new platform to enable the... Read more...
It's perhaps the ultimate Catch 22. HTC needs to expand into more frontiers beyond the smartphone one in order to generate more revenue. But it lacks the revenue to expand into new product segments. Years back, HTC actually tried its hand at a... Read more...