January February March April May June July August September October November December
Latest News - January 2014
- Crushing Competition: Cable Companies Try To Outlaw Google Fiber, AT&T Attacks Net Neutrality
- Google Street View Takes On Abandoned Island From James Bond Film ‘Skyfall’
- Amazon Stock Tumbles Following Q4 Financial Report
- Tesla To Set Guinness World Record With Coast-To-Coast Trip On Free Electric Power
- Ouch! Yahoo! Hacked! Mail Users Need To Reset Passwords ASAP
- Android Powers 80 Percent Of Smartphones Sold in 2013
- Microsoft Offering $100 Store Credit to Exchange Your Tired PS3 for a Shiny New Xbox One
- Google Reports Record Revenue and Beats Wall Street Expectations, Go Figure
- Lenovo Unveils Rugged ThinkPads For Schools And A Yoga Chromebook Too
- Tablet Market Shows Signs of Slowed Growth and Saturation
- LG G Flex 6-Inch Flexible Android Smartphone Shows Its Curvaceous Ways In The US
- Madden NFL 25 Predicts Broncos Victory, 50,000 Computer Simulations Say Otherwise
- Google Showcases Five 'Mini-Games' For Glass
- Facebook Launches ‘Paper’ Mobile News App Mixing User Feeds With News Media Content
Search 2019January February March April May June July August September October November December
All News for January 2014
Two events in the telecommunications and cable world this week have highlighted why, exactly, we need net neutrality and stronger protections for consumer rights. First, on the cable side of the... Read more...
That cool, creepy abandoned island fortress from the latest James Bond movie “Skyfall”? That wasn’t a movie set. It’s a real place called Battleship Island, and it’s located off the coast of Nagasaki Prefecture in... Read more...
Investors reacted negatively to Amazon's fourth quarter financial report despite that fact that the e-commerce giant announced a 20 percent year-over-year sales increase to $25.59 billion. Operating cash flow increased 31 percent to $5.47 billion... Read more...
John Glenney and his daughter Jill were the first people to complete a cross-country trip in a Tesla Model S electric car, and their experience is perfect PR for Tesla, which just completed its coast-to-coast network of Supercharger stations... Read more...
It’s becoming more tedious to be a Yahoo! Mail user these days. The Gmail-ish redesign a few months ago was supposed to bring many attractive changes to the email service, but it launched with an annoying auto-forward bug, and anecdotally... Read more...
Just over 10 years ago, Android was born into this world out of the minds of Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears, and Chris White, who collective envisioned building an advanced operating system for digital cameras. Google had different plans for... Read more...
Calling all PlayStation 3 owners, if you're wiling to "ditch" your PS3, Microsoft will give you $100 of store credit for it at the Microsoft Store, which you can then apply towards the purchase of an Xbox One console. The promotion effectively... Read more...
Google is one of those companies that pretty much has a license to print money. To wit, the search giant reported consolidated revenues of $16.86 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2013, which is 17 percent higher than the same quarter a... Read more...
Lenovo's staying in the news for its recent purchase of Motorola Mobility, but the laptop side of the house is still humming, too. The timing here seems a little odd given that we're nowhere near back-to-school season, but then again, it has the... Read more...
Preliminary data from International Data Corporation's (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Tablet Tracker indicate that tablet shipments around the globe grew to 76.9 million units in the fourth quarter of 2013, representing an impressive 62.4 percent... Read more...
We knew that the LG G Flex smartphone was coming to the U.S. sometime this quarter, but now we have a much clearer idea. You can preorder your own G Flex handset from AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile, and the device will be shipping in just a few days... Read more...
Good news if you're a Denver Broncos fan. Every year Electronics Arts runs a simulation of the Super Bowl on its Madden game, and this year, Madden NFL 25 predicted the Broncos will defeat the Seattle Seahawks in overtime by a field goal, 31-28. If... Read more...
Facebook is launching an app called “Paper” that appears to be an effort to bring you all the best news features of Facebook without actually being on Facebook. “Paper makes storytelling more beautiful with an immersive design and... Read more...