January February March April May June July August September October November December
Latest News - May 2012
- It’s Here: Windows 8 Release Preview Now Available
- MSI Announces GT70 Graphics Upgrade, New GE70 and GE60 Gaming Notebooks
- Gigabyte X11, U2442, and U2440 Ultra-lightweight Notebooks Officially Launch
- Gigabyte Motherboard Helps Set World CPU Clockspeed Record for Ivy Bridge
- Cricket Chirps No-Contract $55/Month Unlimited Everything Plan for iPhone 4S
- Sophisticated 'Flame' Computer Virus Shares Programming Roots with Angry Birds
- Intel Core i5-3470 Quad-Core CPU Review
- Core i5-3427U: Intel Launches Ivy Bridge Ultra For Ulrabooks, Our Review
- Verizon Bumps High-Speed Broadband Tiers On Fiber-Based FiOS Service
- Archos 7" Child Pad Is a $120 Android 4.0 Tablet For Your Kiddo
- WSJ: Sony’s PS3 Successor Nearly Did Away with Discs
- Rumored Google/ASUS Nexus 7 Tablet Turns up in Rightware Benchmark Data
- Sergey Brin Demos Google Glasses Prototype on “The Gavin Newsom Show”, Suggests Possible Release Next Year
- New "Remastered" Doom 3 For Decrepit Xbox, PS3 Features Same Mediocre Gameplay, Lousy Design
Search 2019January February March April May June July August September October November December
All News for May 2012
After a few leaks and premature teases, the Windows 8 Release Preview is here. Microsoft had previously hinted that it would be available the first week of June, but the final pre-release is out and ready for you to download and try out. According... Read more...
If you’ve been holding your breath waiting for MSI to add NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M graphics capabilities to its GT70 gaming notebook, you can exhale. This update rounds out the powerful specs on the GT70, which also include an Intel Core-i7... Read more...
It looks like a record-setting motherboard isn’t the only Gigabyte news worth sharing. The company also officially announced the Gigabyte X11, U2442, and U2440 ultra-lightweight notebooks today. Gigabyte claims the X11 is the lightest... Read more...
Gigabyte is like proud parent about a new overclocking world record set by renowned OCer 'HiCookie,' one in which he used the company's Z77X-UD3H motherboard to achieve a fully validated 7.03GHz clockspeed on an Intel Core i7 3770K processor. As it... Read more...
Cricket today announced plans to sell pre-paid iPhone 4/S devices next month, which would make it the first (and only) U.S. carrier to do so. Customers will have two base models to choose from, an 8GB iPhone 4 in black or white for $400, or a 16GB... Read more...
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, or until someone uses a the same programming language behind one of the most popular mobile games of all time to construct one of the largest cyberweapons the world has ever seen. The folks at Fox News... Read more...
Last month, Intel unleashed its highly anticipated Ivy Bridge microarchitecture. We had been hearing about Ivy Bridge for what seemed like an eternity leading up to the launch, and although not based a totally new design, Ivy Bridge would offer a number of enticing enhancements, like a faster Quick Sync engine... Read more...
Back in 2011, Intel Capital, Intel's investment arm in support of their strategic objectives, ponied-up a cool $300 million to help give birth to a new class of notebooks they defined as "Ultrabooks." Though there aren't a complete set if... Read more...
In a FiOS area? Good for you. If you aren't, well, you'll have something else to cry about. Verizon's heralded FiOS fiber network is loved by those that have it, but only a handful of states and neighborhoods have access. Today, Verizon has... Read more...
So, there are tablets for big folks -- like the Galaxy Note 10.1 and iPad -- and then there are slates for the kids. Well, there aren't a lot, but it's a growing market. Archos is contributing to the cause with the new Child Pad, a unique 7" Ice... Read more...
We all know it’s just a matter of time before the next generation of gamers has no idea what a DVD looks like, but that change may be coming sooner than some expected. According to the Wall Street Journal’s sources, Sony nearly decided... Read more...
There has been wide speculation that Google and ASUS have teamed up on a Kindle Fire-killing tablet that would offer potentially more features and functionality than the Fire yet match its price point. More details have emerged about the alleged... Read more...
Sergey Brin Demos Google Glasses Prototype on “The Gavin Newsom Show”, Suggests Possible Release Next Year
Folks have been clamoring for more on Google's Project Glass, and Sergey Brin--one of the co-founders of Google who is now burying himself in the R&D department--recently appeared on “The... Read more...
Bethesda Softworks, designers and distributors of normally excellent titles, are bringing out a "new" version of Doom 3, Doom 3: BFG. The new package includes "remastered" graphics (more on that gem... Read more...