Latest News - September 2016
- Microsoft Details Incoming Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2 Continuum Features At Ignite 2016
- Hot Deals On Alienware 15 R2, NewEgg Premiere Membership, Tons Of Components, And Much More
- Microsoft OneDrive Placeholders Make Triumphant Return To Windows 10 With On-Demand Sync
- Latest IoT DDoS Attack Dwarfs Krebs Takedown At Nearly 1Tbps Driven By 150K Devices
- Google Pixel Android Nougat Flagship Smartphone Leaked In New Picture
- Satya Nadella Targets Transforming Microsoft Into A Powerful Artificial Intelligence Company
- 98% Off A Zoolz Complete Cloud Storage Lifetime Solution In The HotHardware Shop
- Stupid Is As Stupid Does, Don’t Drill Into That iPhone 7 Looking For A ‘Hidden’ Headphone Jack
- AMD Polaris Architecture Goes Supernova With Embedded Radeon E9260 And E9550 GPUs
- Intel's Investment In FPGAs Could Pay Dividends In Microsoft Data Centers And Mark The Advent Of AI Accelerators
- Google Tests Revolutionary ‘Andromeda’ Chrome OS, Android Hybrid For Q3 2017 Debut
- Latest Stable Release Of Chrome OS Brings Google Play And Android App Support
- FBI iPhone Hacking Partner Cellebrite Claims It Can Crack Nearly Any Smartphone
- Microsoft Announced Project Scorpio A Year In Advance To Prevent Gamer Backlash
All News for September 2016
Microsoft may be way down with regards to its aspirations in the smartphone market, but don’t count the company out just yet. Windows 10 Mobile hasn’t been the savior that Microsoft hoped would help its smartphone sales rebound, but it isn’t stopping the Redmond, Washington-based company from forging ahead with the... Read more...
Welcome back for the latest installment of HOT deals, direct from our friends at TechBargains. On tap for you all today, we have deals on a 12-Month Newegg Premier Membership with Free Expedited Shipping, Free Returns, and Bonus $100 Gift Card, and Alienware 15 R2 Intel Core i7-6700HQ based notebook with GTX980m... Read more...
Storage space is precious, and that's especially true if you've ditched your hard drive in favor of a less capacious (but awesomely faster) solid state drive. With everything from games to high resolution photos and videos taking up larger chunks of storage, it's easy to fill up a drive. To make matters worse, it was... Read more...
If you thought that the massive DDoS attack earlier this month on Brian Krebs’ security blog was record-breaking, take a look at what just happened to France-based hosting provider OVH. OVH was the victim of a wide-scale DDoS attack that was carried via network of over 152,000 IoT devices. According to OVH founder... Read more...
Exactly one week from today Google will unveil a handful of electronic devices. Among them will be a pair of new flagship smartphones, the Pixel and Pixel XL, otherwise known by their internal codenames Sailfish and Marlin. Rumors have been circulating about both new phones for months, and now we have our first look... Read more...
When former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer handed the reins to Satya Nadella, the company had not long before undergone a complete reorganization. Ballmer knew that Microsoft needed a new face with a fresh set of eyes at the helm, that it was time to let younger blood lead the company wherever it was destined. And where... Read more...
If you’re in the market for an affordable could storage solution, with plenty of available storage space, we’ve got a deal running in the HotHardware Shop that may be right for you. A Zoolz Complete Cloud Storage Lifetime Solution with 1TB of storage is currently 98% off and available for only... Read more...
Change is hard, we get it, we really do. It's even more difficult when said change is seemingly unnecessary or for the worse. Such is the feeling that some people have with Apple's decision to remove the standard 3.5mm audio jack from the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus handsets. Unfortunately, some jackholes on the... Read more...
AMD made quite a splash in the GPU market with its Polaris-based mainstream graphics cards. The most popular of the cards, the Radeon RX 480, can be had for as little as $250 in 8GB trim and AMD claims it offers excellent “Beyond HD Gaming and a Premium VR Experience”. Given our benchmark analysis of the GPU, AMD has... Read more...
Intel's Investment In FPGAs Could Pay Dividends In Microsoft Data Centers And Mark The Advent Of AI Accelerators
In June of last year, Intel announced a $16.7B acquisition of chip designer Altera, a Silicon Valley bellwether known for producing FPGAs (Field Programmable Gate Arrays), PLDs (Programmable Logic Devices), Embedded Processors, and ASICs (Application Specific Integrated Circuits). At the time of the announcement... Read more...
Google has plenty of hardware to reveal at its October 4th event, but one product in particular — which just so happens to be further down the pipeline — has the blogosphere exploding with anticipation. Over the weekend, Hiroshi Lockheimer, the Senior VP for Android, Chrome and Google Play, dropped a tantalizing hint... Read more...
It's been a long wait, but Chrome OS now finally and officially supports Android apps, though you'll need an Acer Chromebook R11 or Asus Chromebook Flip to enjoy the new luxury. If so, you can grab a Chrome OS update from the Stable channel (version 53.0.27815.129), which among other things includes a beta for the... Read more...
Security firm Cellebrite made headlines earlier this year when its services were employed by the FBI to help break into the phone of the San Bernardino shooter. Cellebrite recently invited a bunch of UK press to an event to show off what it's capable of. Equipped with an outdated smartphone, BBC reporter Rory... Read more...
Microsoft chose this year's E3 convention to announce not one, but two new game consoles, the Xbox One S and Project Scorpio, the latter a codename for an upgraded version of the Xbox One that will sport more powerful hardware and support playing games at 4K Ultra HD when it arrives in next year. While it may feel... Read more...