Latest News - July 2014
- AMD Kaveri Update: A10-7800 APU Review
- Apple to Cull 200 Positions After Beats Acquisition Completes
- FCC Chief "Deeply Troubled" By Verizon Throttling, Demands Explanation
- Codemasters' F1 2014 Is 'Most Accessible Yet', But Leaves Next-Gen Versions In Pit Lane
- Trash Talking T-Mobile Surpasses 50 Million Customers, Reports Profit of $391 Million In Q2
- Facebook's Internet.org App Launches in Zambia, Providing Free Access to Important Web Services
- Tesla And Panasonic Announce Definitive Agreement On $5 Billion Gigafactory Deal
- Blackberry Buys Secursmart To Bolster Enterprise Security Services
- Hackers Can Now Compromise USB Devices And On-Board USB Controllers
- Oculus Rift Dev Kit 2 Teardown Shows Repairability And Impressive Internals
- Performance Preview: NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet, Fastest Android Tablet Available
- Sony Profits Come Roaring Back On Solid PlayStation 4 Sales Growth
- Crytek USA Collapses, Sells Game IP to Other Developers
- LG Cinemascope Is 105 Inches Of Curve 4K HD TV Love With 5120X2160 Resolution
All News for July 2014
AMD updated its family of Kaveri-based A-Series APUs for desktop systems today. We first took an official look at Kaveri back in January, when we evaluated the A8-7600 APU. That particular APU is being re-launched today at a new price point, but AMD is also introducing a couple of new APUs as well, namely the... Read more...
It looks like Apple's first order-of-business following its $3 billion Beats acquisition will be to tell about 200 people to, ahem, beat it. Apple's no doubt been very hard at work since it made its announcement of its desire to purchase Beats... Read more...
For years, Verizon and the other telcos have imposed limits on supposedly "Unlimited" data plans and justified those limits with dubious appeals to network quality of service. While throttling data usage makes a great deal of sense in certain... Read more...
I don't think that it'd be an understatement to call the 2014 Formula 1 season one of the most exciting in recent years. After four straight years of Red Bull Racing domination, major changes brought on by the FIA have put many of our expectations... Read more...
T-Mobile has no problem calling out other wireless carriers and pointing out their flaws in candid language, but if you're going to do that, you make yourself a target for criticism. There will be... Read more...
For most of us, getting access to the Internet regardless of where we are isn't that challenging. If we're on-the-go, we can use our mobile phone, while at home, we can enjoy high-speed connections... Read more...
With a name like "Gigafactory," it has to be good. Panasonic and Tesla have just announced an agreement that'll see the two firms construct a large-scale battery manufacturing plant right here in the United States. The name, as you'd guess, is... Read more...
BlackBerry's bread and butter has always been the enterprise sector, and in a bid to make sure it retains that market, the Canadian handset maker went out and acquired Secusmart, a major player in high-security voice and data encryption and... Read more...
Another day, another report of a potential hack that could cause some real trouble. Researchers at Berlin's SR Labs have discovered that firmware can be rewritten on any sort of USB device, be it a keyboard, a mouse, or a flash drive, and... Read more...
As if the whole Oculus Rift movement wasn't exciting enough, there's even more reason to like the virtual reality headset. The folks at iFixIt got their hands on the Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 and did what they do best -- they tore it apart, bit... Read more...
Last week, NVIDIA officially announced the SHIELD tablet (powered by the Tegra K1 SoC) and its companion SHIELD wireless controller. To quickly recap, the SHIELD tablet’s specifications include NVIDIA Tegra K1 SoC (clocked at up to 2.2GHz)... Read more...
Sony today reported a 95.7 percent year-on-year increase in sales for its Games & Network Services division. Driving by red hot demand for its PlayStation 4 console, Sony's Games & Network Services arm collected $2.5 billion during the... Read more...
We've detailed Crytek's problems in several previous posts, and it's now clear that it wasn't just the company's UK studios that were affected. Crytek announced today that it has officially moved development of its F2P shooter "Hunt: Horrors of... Read more...
Need a way to spend a small fortune on a new HDTV? LG has you covered. The company has just started shipping its 105-inch 21:9 curved Ultra HD TV, which might just require a room of its own to properly enjoy. In sum, the screen boasts over 11... Read more...