Latest News - April 2017
- Facebook Updates Stories With A New ‘Feature’ That Will Expose Social Media Stalkers And Creepers
- Look Out Tony Stark, This Company Is Developing A Real Iron Man Jet Pack Suit
- BlackBerry Actually Making A Comeback But This Time It’s With Software Rather Than Hardware
- Windows 10 Penetration Hits All-Time High Of 51.2 Percent On Steam
- Project Scorpio True 4K Gaming Skills To Shine With Forza 7 And Red Dead Redemption 2
- Beastly Next-Gen DDR5 To Offer Twice The Bandwidth And Density Of DDR4 Memory
- Crazy Game Controller Manufacturer Mad Catz Files For Bankruptcy After Decades Of Innovation
- Microsoft CodePlex Open Source Repository Closing, Devs Urged To Embrace Github
- Disgruntled 'For Honor' Gamers Plan April 3rd Boycott To Stick It To Ubisoft
All News for April 2017
We've all done it, surely. We've poked around someone's profile on Facebook to see what they've been up to, or to peruse through their photos. Sometimes it's just for curiosity's sake; other times it's because you need some reference points before bumping into that person so that you have things to talk about... Read more...
Do you ever have the urge to pull off a truly epic “Superhero Landing” to assert your dominance? Well, A UK entrepreneur is working to make that happen with his own Iron Man suit — or at least the closest approximation to Tony Stark’s suit that could be made with off-the-shelf components and some added... Read more...
It has been quite the tumultuous journey for BlackBerry, the company formerly known as Research In Motion (RIM). After a series of failed attempts to claw its way back into relevance through various hardware releases and software strategies, BlackBerry sort of faded from view, at least in the media. What actually... Read more...
Microsoft has been criticized for being overly aggressive in its attempts to push Windows 10 onto consumers, but to the company's credit, it continues to gain market share. That is especially true among gamers—usage among Steam users is now at 51.2 percent combined for both 64-bit (50.15) and 32-bit (1.05) builds in... Read more...
It seems as though the two top console makers are content with extending this generation with higher performing machines to usher in 4K gaming on big-screen TVs. Sony delivered the PlayStation 4 Pro in late 2016, and Microsoft will do the same later this year with Project Scorpio — the follow-up to the Xbox One... Read more...
A mere month after DDR4 was introduced for the first time on an AMD platform (Ryzen), the memory guidance organization JEDEC has decided to reveal its plans for DDR5. That's right: nothing can stop the progression of technology. As soon as we have something fresh to enjoy, the next big thing is right around the... Read more...
In the words of another group that was super popular in the 2000’s, Mad Catz is “going down, down in an earlier round”. After a rough year, the producer of unique gaming accessories and peripherals has filed for bankruptcy. According to Mad Catz representatives, “The Board of Directors made the decision to have the... Read more...
Say goodbye to CodePlex. Microsoft just recently announced that it will be shutting down CodePlex, the eleven year-old open-source project hosting website. Microsoft has disabled the ability to create new projects and will officially shut the website down on December 15th, 2017. CodePlex was initially launched in... Read more...
Gamers have grown frustrated with Ubisoft over currency issues and matchmaking problems in For Honor, the hack-and-slash fighting game that released to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles and Windows PCs last month. In an attempt to get the company's attention, a Reddit forum user has organized a mass boycott where... Read more...