Quad-Core Core 2 Extreme - GeForce 8800 GTX SLI NF680i Ultimate Gaming Rig
Price List And The Wrap-Up
The benchmark scores our Ultimate Gaming Rig put up were easily the fastest we've ever seen in our labs to date, and in many cases by a large margin. This system configuration, with its bleeding-edge GPU and CPU technology and heavily overclock components, scored the single fastest 3DMark06 score currently posted on Futuremark's ORB (online results browser) for an air-cooled setup, though the graphics drivers we chose (NVIDIA's 97.02 release) are not officially sanctioned by Futuremark. Short of some crazy, over-the-top liquid nitrogen or water cooling-based machine, there isn't a faster UGR setup you could put together right now. The gaming scores we've shown here today are proof positive of that.
We hope you enjoyed our fun, quick-take look into the world of the ultra high-end gaming platform, courtesy of the impressive new technologies NVIDIA has brought to market over the past few weeks. There is little dispute at this point in time that NVIDIA has both the fastest high-end GPU on the market right now and the most full-featured chipset offering for the Intel platform. Configured with Intel's undeniably impressive quad-core Core 2 Extreme QX6700 processor, 2 Gigs of Corsair Dominator DDR2 memory and a quality 850W+ PSU, you'll have more than bragging rights. And you might not end up as Frag-bait the next time you go get your game on.
While you're at it, why not go hog-wild an throw in a 30" Dell 3007WFP LCD? All this top-shelf gear will cost you of course, but hey, life is short. Live fast, die young, stay pretty, right? OK, we'll skip the die young part, but you'll be gaming pretty, that's for sure.
Required Tools Of The Trade And Pricing:
- Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 (oc'd to 3.33GHz) - $1091
- Asus Striker Extreme 680i Motherboard ~ $399 MSRP
(upon release in the next week)
- GeForce 8800 GTX Graphics Cards - $599 - $659 X 2 - $1200
- Corsair Micro Dominator TWIN2X2048-9136C5D 2X 1Gig DDR2 Memory - $700
- Thermaltake ToughPower 850Watt Power Supply - $279
- Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 10K RPM Hard Drive - $222
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster XFi Fatal1ty Professional Sound Card - $159
- Dell 30" UltraSharp 3007WFP LCD Monitor - $1369