NVIDIA Unleashes Quadro 6000 and 5000 Series GPUs

Article Index

SPECviewperf 11: Catia and Ensight

SPECviewperf 11 is the new industry standard of workstation level, OpenGL performance benchmarking. This software suite was released June 2010 from the SPECgpc project group. It features a new GUI that accompanies the fully updated viewsets traced from newer versions of real world applications. These updates include larger models and advanced OpenGL functionality, such as shading and vertex buffer objects (VBO). SPECviewperf 11 consists of As with the previous version, all results are given in frames per second.  
SPECviewperf 11: CATIA 
Computer Aided Three-dimensional Interactive Application




CATIA and EnSight scores reveal overwhelming dominance by the new Quadro videocards. While both graphics cards easily pull away from the pack in both tests, the Quadro 6000 flaunts a 34% lead over its sibling in CATIA, and a 41% improvement during EnSight testing. Of course, the Quadro 5000 is no slouch either. In relation to the FX 4800, it holds a 75% lead in CATIA, and almost triples EnSight performance of the previous generation card. The new Quadros reign over ATI's offerings here as well.


Related content

Comments

Show comments blog comments powered by Disqus