ATi All In Wonder Radeon 9600 XT
Introduction, Specs & The Bundle
When they initially released the All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro back in October of last year, ATi introduced a number of new features into their popular multimedia line of video cards. The All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro was the first product in the line-up to offer dual-monitor support. It was also the first to have an integrated FM tuner, and the Remote Wonder II made its debut, although it didn't ship with the card. To compliment all of the new features, and to tweak existing features like the relatively new EasyLook menu, ATi also updated their Multimedia Center software as well. The total package made for a very compelling product that offered solid gaming performance, and the most complete multimedia feature set of any All-In-Wonder product to date.
Today, we'll be looking at the latest addition to the All-In-Wonder series of cards, the All-In-Wonder 9600 XT. With this product, all of the features of the AIW 9600 Pro it is replacing are carried over, but the graphics core and memory clocks get a significant speed boost. In fact, this card is clocked even higher than the standard ATi Radeon 9600 XT. What do you say we jump right in and get closer look at ATi's most well rounded All-In-Wonder yet...
|All-In-Wonder Radeon 9600 XT:
Core Clock: 525MHz
Memory Clock: 650MHz (325MHz DDR)
Peak Fillrate: 2.1 GP/S
Peak Memory Bandwidth: 10.4GB/s
Bring together TV, FM radio, DVD and video playback with on-demand features, wireless remote control REMOTE WONDER II and a 125 channel stereo TV receiver:
• An all-in-one TV tuner with TV-ON-DEMAND (records TV programs, pauses live TV, has optional picture-in-picture (PiP) capability and lets you schedule broadcasts directly to your PC)
• Gemstar GUIDE Plus+ software organizes TV listings and makes searching for and scheduling programs a snap.
• Drive 2 VGA monitors or a VGA monitor and TV output simultaneously.
• Drive an HDTV-ready Television using the optional VGA->YPrPb adapter available from ati.com. Enable a non-interlaced high resolution display in the family room.
• Enjoy the convenience of up to 60 foot wireless radio frequency range (including through walls) with the user friendly control pad utilizing the latest REMOTE WONDER II remote control device.
• Includes a simple, forward facing input block with s-video, composite video inputs and stereo audio input.
• FM-ON-DEMAND (pause,rewind/and save radio on your PC using the popular MP3 format and schedule recordings of your favorite radio shows.)
• THRUVIEW creates live, translucent TV, video and DVD windows for easy desktop access
• New EAZYLOOK provides easy to read on-screen information for TV and DVDs. Drive MULTIMEDIA CENTER from the couch using the REMOTE WONDER II.
• With the EASYSHARE feature you can share the power of the ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 with all of your home networked computers
Remake your old videos, or use them in new productions, emails, or business presentations with this comprehensive set of authoring tools:
It's "all-in-one" video and audio software suite is ready for recording, streaming, and editing; the included MULTIMEDIA CENTER software lets you:
• create your own music videos
• create slide shows
• add European teletext or North American closed captioning
• edit your home movies with Hollywood quality transitions
• convert analog to digital videos
BONUS: In addition to the powerful video editing capabilities of MULTIMEDIA CENTER, the ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 XT includes Matchware Mediator 7 software, which gives you more options to adapt your sound, image and movie files for flash, .exe and html formats. Now you can be more productive and stand out from the crowd in more exciting ways!
• Save your projects with one touch DVD or Video CD burning software with faster than real time performance
• Capture still images from TV or DVD at resolutions up to 720x480 and video at up to 30 frames per second
• More Raw Power To Get You In The Game
• Immerse yourself in a visually rich experience with cinematic 3D graphic rendering power at speeds never seen before in a 9600 series product.
• The competition eating ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 XT clears the bar with 525 MHz engine clock speed and 650 MHz memory clock speed!
|Plus: 128MB DDR memory to generate detailed gaming without sacrificing frame rates
• Full support for DirectX 9.0 ensures future compatibility with next-generation games
Full support for the AGP 8X standard doubles available bandwidth for a more engaging gaming experience
• SMARTSHADER 2.0 enables cinematic quality lighting effects
• SMOOTHVISION 2.1 delivers the sharpest, clearest textures
• The ALL-IN-WONDER family is powered by the industry's most stable ATI CATALYST suite for reliable user confidence
Intel Pentium 4/III/II/Celeron, AMD K6/Athlon or compatible
AGP 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V) slot
128MB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Interactive Program guide requires Internet connection for listing updates
Remote control receiver requires available USB port
1GHZ minimum processor speed for MPEG-2 video capture
Operating Systems Support
Windows 98 / 98SE*
*Windows Me driver can be installed on Windows 98/98SE
• 128MB of double data rate SDRAM
• Two VGA displays simultaneously or One VGA display connected with a TV or VCR.
• Independent resolution and refresh rate for any two connected displays.
• TV Tuner Requirements
• TV signal from amplified antenna or cable.
• Version included for: NTSC (North America, Japan, and Latin America*)
*Features vary from country to country and depending on the television standard. Note that Latin American countries using the PAL M and PAL N standards including Argentina and Brazil are supported by the NTSC version.
• Dual VGA
• Stereo audio, S-video, and composite video inputs and outputs
• External stereo connections to sound card's line input and output
• Dolby digital stereo audio output (S/PDIF)
• 3-year warranty
ATi includes a host of software and accessories with the All-In-Wonder 9600 XT. Included with the card, we found an easy to follow quick installation fold-out, a complete user's manual and installation guide, and the obligatory Driver / Setup CD. A user's manual for the Remote Wonder II was also included, along with three AAA batteries for the remote itself.
There were also quite a few cables included with the All-In-Wonder 9600 XT. As you'll see on the next page, to accomodate all of the necessary conenctors to access all of the card's built-in features, ATi needed to design a custom donlge for the AIW 9600 cards. The dongle house two DB15 monitor connectors (sorry, no DVI here), a composite video output, an S-Video output, an S/PDIF output and lastly a 1/8" stereo line-out connector. ATi's traditional purple "breakout box" with S-Video and RCA audio / video inputs also shiped with the card, along with something that was missing from the All-In-Wonder 9600 Pro - an FM antenna.
On the software front, ATi includes a custom version of the excellent Pinnacle Studio 8 video editing sotware, Matchware Mediator 7 to convert sound, image and movie files to multiple web-friendly formats, and muvee autoProducer; an easy easy to use "drag-and-drop" type video production package.