Abit Fatality AN9 32X nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
SiSoft Sandra Performance
- AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ (2.0 GHz) Processor
- 2 x Corsair XMS DDR2-800 Memory (2 x 1 GB, CAS 4-4-4-12)
- 1 x Nvidia GeForce 7950 GX2 1 GB (Nvidia 91.74 Driver)
- 1 x Maxtor DiamondMax 10 Serial ATA Hard Disk
- 1 x Plextor DVD+/-RW Drive
1 x Enermax Liberty 400W Power Supply
- Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Nvidia nForce 590 SLI Chipset
- Abit Fatality AN9 32X Nvidia nForce 590 SLI Chipset
- MSI K9A Platinum ATI Radeon XPress 3200 Crossfire Chipset
We began our testing with SiSoftware's SANDRA, the System ANalyzer, Diagnostic and Reporting Assistant. We ran three of the built-in subsystem tests that partially comprise the SANDRA 2007 suite (CPU, Multimedia, and Memory) with the Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard and our A64 X2 3800+ processor. All of the scores reported below were taken with the processor running at its default clock speed of 2.0GHz.
Our first round of synthetics shows nearly zero difference between our various high-end Athlon64 X2 motherboards in terms of CPU and memory performance, which is to be expected. Now that we know we're on level footing (i.e, no one is secretly bumping up speeds for an extra performance edge, let's see some system-level benchmarks).