AMD Releases WHQL Certified Driver for Windows 7
AMD Releases WHQL Certified Graphics Driver For Windows 7 on Day One of Windows 7 Logo Program
WHQL Certification Delivers the Stamp of Approval to AMD Graphics Drivers, Ensuring that the Combination of ATI Radeon Graphics Cards and Drivers Delivers an Incredibly Stable, High-Performance Windows 7 Experience
Underlining the company's leadership in developing hardware and drivers to support the Windows 7 operating system, AMD today announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification on the first day of the certifying program.
- WHQL certification sets a high bar for quality and reliability, and is considered essential by many home and business users.
- WHQL certification demonstrates AMD’s ability to deliver the stability, incredible 3D game performance and smooth multimedia playback needed in order to help bring the new features of Windows 7 to life.
- As a testament to its ongoing commitment to reliability and stability, AMD is the only graphics hardware company in the world delivering monthly WHQL-certified graphics driver updates.
For users of ATI Radeon HD 2000, HD 3000, and HD 4000 series products, the ATI Catalyst software suite delivers:
- Industry-leading driver stability and reliability.
- Full WDDM 1.1 WHQL certified support under Windows 7.
- Scheduled performance and new feature innovation every month.
- Enablement of ATI Stream technology for general purpose GPU (GPGPU) computing on supported graphics cards.
“By delivering a WHQL certified driver for the Windows 7 operating system at the earliest possible opportunity, AMD has once again demonstrated its driver leadership,” said Ben Bar-Haim, corporate vice president, Software Engineering, AMD. “AMD is working closely with Microsoft to ensure superior performance and a reliable Windows 7 experience throughout our line of graphics processors.”
Microsoft WHQL certified graphics drivers for Windows 7 are scheduled for release on AMD.com on May 5, 2009, and a fully unified WHQL-certified driver supporting Windows Vista and Windows 7 is planned for the release of ATI Catalyst 9.5 later in May.
To learn more about the first AMD WHQL certified graphics driver for Windows 7, please visit www.amd.com.