Three of the top wireless carriers in the U.S. are working hard to expand their LTE networks. Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and AT&T recently announced new markets that now have or will soon be getting LTE coverage.
Verizon Wireless has added 4G LTE service to parts of Pennsylvania including Adams County, York County, and Lancaster County. Verizon Wireless is also launching 4G LTE service in Sierra Vista, Douglas, Benson and Nogales, Arizona starting November 15. Residents in the following areas will also receive 4G LTE service on November 15:
- Cody, Laramie and Rock Springs/Green River, Wyoming
- Grand Junction, Colorado
- Butte, Montana
- Mt. Vernon, Illinois
- Lake of the Ozarks and central Missouri
With these announcements, Verizon Wireless will offer 4G LTE service in 440 markets across the United States.
Sprint also announced expansion plans for its 4G LTE network. The wireless carrier recently announced that its network build is progressing in nine additional cities. These cities include:
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
- Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Ardmore, Oklahoma
- Oakland/Fremont/ Hayward, California
- Michigan City/ La Porte, Indiana
- McAllen/Edinburg/ Mission, Texas
- Key West, Florida
- Bloomington, Indiana
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin
During the pre-launch phase, customers in these cities are likely to see 4G LTE coverage. Sprint plans to announce the commercial availability of the 4G LTE network in these cities in the coming months. In all, Sprint has announced plans to launch 4G LTE service in more than 125 cities. Sprint currently offers 4G LTE service in 32 cities.
AT&T is also expanding its 4G LTE network with the addition or expansion of LTE service in the following markets:
- Provo-Orem, Utah
- Denver, Colorado
- Anne Arundel County, Maryland
- Daytona Beach, Florida
- York, Pennsylvania
- Tacoma, Federal Way, Auburn, Lakewood, Puyallup and several other nearby cities, Washington
- Greater Seattle Area (Bellevue, Bothell, Edmonds, Kirkland, Lynwood, Redmond, Renton, Seattle, Tukwila and Woodinville)
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Louisville, Kentucky
With these additions and expansions, AT&T now offers 4G LTE service in 80 markets.