While the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V was fashionably late to the release party, PC gamers have been blasted with the powerful and quite fun full video recording and editing capabilities. Console gamers have sat on the sidelines with their hands in their pockets (Rockstar Games initially said that this the editor would be a PC exclusive, before later backing down from those claims), but it looks as though the wait will soon be over.
Rockstar Games this week announced that the Rockstar Editor will make its way to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles next month. In addition to making the editor available to console, Rockstar states that all-new editor functionality will be coming to all three platforms:
- Ambient Audio and Sound Effects Library: Add ambient and atmospheric sound design with a library of audio tracks to help bring your scenes to life or add sound effects from a collection of Foley and other sfx.
- Snapmatic Integration: Now you can export any still frame at a marker point straight to Snapmatic, giving you ultimate freedom when searching for that perfect camera angle.
- Director Mode Updates: An enlarged minimap with location blips to highlight preset locations, the power to freeze chosen time of day settings and the ability to spawn air and water vehicles.
- Copy and Paste Marker Properties: Easily copy and paste your audio settings from any marker to another marker in the clip – adding invaluable efficiency to your go-to editing techniques.
- New Fonts: You'll now have more style options than ever for your titles and credits -- we're tripling the library of available fonts with new styles.