Alleged NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER Turing GPU Refresh Debut Rumored For Next Week
A new report is now shedding light on when we might actually see these new GPUs. According to VideoCardz and WCCFTech, NVIDIA is set to announce the new SUPER family as early as next week. However, the report indicates that cards wouldn't actually be available for sale until mid-July.
As for pricing, it's expected that the new SUPER variants will occupy the price points currently held by the GeForce RTX 2060, RTX 2070 and RTX 2080. If this is indeed the case, then we'll likely see the current cards get pushed down in price which could be a boon for bargain shoppers.
Based on our previous reporting, here are the rumored specs for the incoming SUPER family compared to their predecessors (SUPER SKUs are bolded):
- GeForce RTX 2080 Ti: 4,352 CUDA cores, TU102-300 GPU, 11GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER: 3,072 CUDA cores, TU104-450 GPU, 8GB GDDR6 (16Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2080: 2,944 CUDA cores, TU104-410 GPU, 8GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER: 2,560 CUDA cores, TU104-410 GPU, 8GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2070: 2,304 CUDA cores, TU106-410 GPU, 8GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER: 2,176 CUDA cores, TU106-410 GPU, 8GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
- GeForce RTX 2060: 1,920 CUDA cores, TU106-200 GPU, 6GB GDDR6 (14Gbps)
All of the SUPER cards get a bump in CUDA cores, while the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER in addition gets a bump from 6GB GDDR6 to 8GB to match the rest of the Turing family and a full 256-bit memory interface.
It will be interesting to see how these plays out in the market, especially with expected lower price points for the GeForce RTX 2060, RTX 2070, and RTX 2080. We also have to keep an eye on AMD's incoming Navi family of graphics cards which will initially include the Radeon RX 5700, Radeon RX 5700 XT, and Radeon RX 5700 XT 50thAnniversary Edition. Those cards will be priced at $379, $449, and $499 respectively when they launch on July 7th.