Looking for a last minute gift idea for pop to celebrate Father's Day? Fear not, Microsoft has your back, assuming your dad's in need of a new PC and you have the budget to fulfill that request. If so, be advised that Microsoft has shaved up to $150 off its Surface Pro 4 family of 2-in-1 devices, and you get a free Surface Dock to boot!
The Surface Dock itself is valued at $200, so you're looking at a savings of up to $350. Microsoft's pitch is that the Surface Dock turns the Surface Pro 4 into a desktop PC by adding an assortment of ports, including two mini DisplayPorts, a Gigabit Ethernet port, four USB 3.0 ports, and an audio port. It's an external brick measuring 5.12 x 2.36 x 1.18 inches and weighing 1.21 pounds that hooks up to the Surface Pro 4's magnetic connector. The device also has its own external power supply.
As for the Surface Pro 4, here are the models and discounted price points:
- Intel Core m3 6Y30, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD: $849 (down $50)
- Intel Core i5-6300U, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD: $899 (down $100
- Intel Core i5-6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD: $1,199 (down $100)
- Intel Core i7-6650U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD: $1,499 (down $150)
- Intel Core i7-6650U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD: $1,649 (down $150)
Keep in mind that none of these configurations come with a keyboard, only the tablet and Surface Pen. Tossing in a Type Cover adds another $130 to the tally.
If you're interested, go here to pick out or customize your Surface Pro 4.