Gigabyte Announces GA-MA790GP-DS4H Motherboard
GIGABYTE Announces Ultimate IGP GA-MA790GP-DS4H Motherboard
Featuring DDR3 Side Port Memory and Outstanding Overclocking Performance
City of Industry, CA, August 6, 2008 – GIGABYTE UNITED INC., a leading manufacturer of motherboards and graphics cards today announced the launch of the GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H, further cementing GIGABYTE’s leadership position for the AMD AM2+ platform by enabling a new generation of motherboards which push the boundaries of integrated graphics performance and overclocking potential.
Based on the newly released AMD 790GX chipset with onboard ATI Radeon HD 3300 graphics core, the GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H features 128MB of onboard DDR3 1333MHz SidePort Memory, allowing dedicated memory access for the integrated graphics for an added boost of up to 10~15% in graphics performance. In combination with the SidePort Memory, the onboard graphics is able to be overclocked above 1000MHz, allowing users to maximize their graphics performance and achieve 3DMARK06 scores of 2800+* and beyond.
In addition to supporting DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0 and OpenGL2.0 3D gaming technology through its ATI Radeon HD 3300 IGP, the GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H provides a PCI-E 2.0 x16 to support the ground breaking ATI Hybrid Graphics technology, allowing users to combine the power of their integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 graphics core by adding an additional discrete graphics card. Also, it provides an additional PCI-E 2.0 x16 graphics interface to support ATI CrossfireX technology, running x8 and x8 bandwidth, for enhanced productivity and gaming performance.
Offering the Latest Platform Support and Connectivity Options
The GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H also offers outstanding future CPU headroom with support for AM2 and Athlon64 series processors as well as the latest AM2+ and PhenomTM series processors with ultra low latency, high bandwidth (5200MT/s) Hyper Transport 3.0 technology. Additionally equipped with a 4+1 power phase design featuring GIGABYTE’s unique Ultra Durable technology, the GA-MA79GP-DS4H fully supports high Thermal Design Power (TDP) 140W AMD Phenom X4 quad-core CPUs, ensuring maximum upgradability through its future-proof design.
Providing an exceptional high-definition multimedia experience, the GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-DS4H is equipped with a wide range of connectivity options including D-sub and DVI, as well as support for HDMI. In addition to featuring support for ATI AVIVO technology for flawlessly smooth video playback, the GA- MA790GP-DS4H allows for playback of HD content up to 1080P, with full support for HDCP for Blu-Ray HD content. The GA-MA790GP-DS4H also supports the innovative ATI UVD (Unified Video Decoder) technology, for incredibly fine image quality and smooth playback, all while consuming less power. With its Realtek ALC889A sound chip, whose 106dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) significantly reduces noise during signal transmission and supports Blu-ray playback for an exhilarating home theater entertainment experience.
Supported ATI Hybrid Graphics Technologies
- ATI Hybrid CrossFireX: Both integrated and discrete graphics simultaneously work together to boost 3D graphics performance up to 70%, unleashing faster frame rates to take gaming to a whole new level (with ATI Radeon HD 2400 and 3400 series VGA cards).
- ATI SurroundView: Provides support for 6 or more monitors with the addition of a discrete graphics card, allowing users to maximize their productivity.
- ATI PowerPlay: Smart power management that that enables power saving profiles to help reduce power consumption when the graphics processor is idle or in minimal use for reduced system temperatures and fan noise.
Unique GIGABYTE Technologies
- Dual BIOS - Patented Dual Hardware BIOS Protection: DualBIOS is a GIGABYTE patented technology that automatically recovers BIOS data when main BIOS has crashed or failed. Featuring 2 physical BIOS ROMs integrated onboard, GIGABYTE DualBIOS allows quick and seamless recovery from BIOS damage or failure due to viruses or improper BIOS updating.
- 106dB SNR ALC889A Audio Controller: GIGABYTE GA-MA79GP-DS4H motherboards are equipped with the built-in High-Definition 7.1 + 2 channel Realtek ALC889A sound chip, whose 106dB Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) significantly reduces noise during signal transmission and supports Blu-ray playback for an exhilarating home theater entertainment experience.
- Dolby Home Theater: In addition, GIGABYTE has also included the powerful Dolby Home Theater suite of audio technologies, which deliver a vivid surround sound listening experience for music, movies, and games, using two to eight speakers or any set of headphones. Designed to automatically deliver the best possible listening experience, Dolby Home Theater includes Dolby Pro Logic IIx for maximum surround sound expansion, Dolby Headphone and Sound Space Expander for a virtualized audio experience, and Natural Bass enhancement for the richest quality sound.
For additional information GIGABYTE’s latest AMD 790GX and 780G series motherboards, please visit the GIGABYTE website.