Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reportedly Explodes In Brooklyn Boy's Hands Injuring Him
On top of that, U.S. carriers have been sending Galaxy Note7 owners text and email messages warning them of the explosion risk while charging, and Samsung has even been sending direct messages to customers. Despite all of these warnings, online/TV coverage, and numerous newspaper articles on the subject, some people are still playing with fire when it comes to using the Galaxy Note7.
Such is the case of one Brooklyn family that is describing a horrific incident involving a 9-year-old boy. Apparently, the boy was playing with the phone normally and it just suddenly burst into flames while he was holding it. “The child was watching videos on the phone when the battery exploded,” said the boy’s grandmother, Linda Lewis. The resultant fire was enough to set off smoke detectors within the home.
It’s not clear how substantial the boy’s injuries were, but he did have burns to his body. And if this incident is like the other 40 or so cases that have been reported worldwide over the past few weeks, the Galaxy Note7 was likely charging at the time of the explosion.
The understandably scary event has rattled the boy, with Lewis adding, “He doesn’t want to see or go near any phones. He’s been crying to his mother.”
We strongly urge anyone that has a Galaxy Note7 power it down and return the device to the retailer or carrier that it was purchased from. Or if you prefer, you can take part in Samsung’s Product Exchange Program which allows you to exchange your defective Galaxy Note7 for a new, revised model or swap it out for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge.