Corsair Introduces Flash Survivor
CORSAIR INTRODUCES FLASH SURVIVOR
WORLD’S MOST RUGGED USB 2.0 FLASH DRIVE
Water-resistant and Shock-Proof, Flash Survivor Safeguards Data for Users with an Active Lifestyle
Fremont, CA (April 30, 2007) – Corsair a worldwide leader in high performance computer and flash memory products, today unveiled the new Flash Survivor family of USB drives. Designed and engineered to be the industry’s toughest USB drive, the Flash Survivor is a water-resistant, aluminum encased, shock-proof way to store user’s information and files. Offering unique features and the highest price/performance solution in the market - the Flash Survivor is immediately available in two variations:
- Flash Survivor GT 8GB – MSRP $129.99 USD
- Flash Survivor 4GB – MSRP $59.99 USD
“Corsair has built the Flash Survivor family specifically for customers with a “Bring It On!” attitude, someone who doesn’t want to worry if his/her equipment can stand up to the active lifestyle they lead,” said Jack Peterson, VP of Marketing at Corsair. “Storing your valuable information on a USB flash drive capable of weathering the storm of everyday life while ensuring your data is safe – that is what Flash Survivor is all about,” continued Peterson.
Flash Survivor Features Include:
- Water Resistant to 200 Meters / 20 Atmospheres: Sealed with an EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) waterproof seal, the Flash Survivor is designed to provide 200 meters of water resistant durability. During these tests, no leaking or compromised integrity of the data on the drive was found.
Shock Proof – Triple Point Protection: The Flash Survivor features triple-point protection against shock and impact:
- Encased in CNC (Computer Numerical Control) milled aluminum as found in aircraft part production, ensures consistency in material quality, thereby guaranteeing the USB drive’s toughness. CNC-milled aluminum is the most durable material ever used on a USB drive.
- Additional protection from shock and vibration is achieved through the use of rubber molded collar shielding. When dropped, the durable rubber absorbs the impact force to prevent damage to the inner drive and the USB connector.
- Engineered outer metal tube with two end caps provides enforcement to the hollow tube and prevents it from collapsing when abused.
Built to Corsair’s legendary quality and reliability standards, each Flash Survivor GT drive delivers sustained read/write performance up to 34MB/sec and 28MB/sec respectively. Engineered with highly screened NAND flash and an advanced memory controller, the new GT drive features enhanced dual channel and interleave memory technologies. Read More ...