The AMD GPUs offer more than 1 TeraFLOPS of compute power, support AMD's Eyefinity multiple display technology, and target lower-cost devices. The GPUs are built on 40nm technology. The HD 5770 has 800 stream processors and GDDR5 RAM clocked at 1.2GHz. The GPU core is clocked at 850MHz. The HD 5750 has 720 stream processors and is clocked at 700MHz on the core and 1.15GHz on the memory. Both of the cards will be priced well below $200.
AMD Expands Award-Winning Line of Graphics Products with Introduction of ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, Delivers Best-in-Class Windows 7 Performance, DirectX® 11 Gaming and ATI Eyefinity Multi-Monitor Technology
ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series Adds Further Momentum to AMD Visual Computing LeadershipSUNNYVALE, Calif.--AMD (NYSE: AMD) recently unveiled the ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 and ATI Radeon™ HD 5750 graphics cards, adding two more models to the world’s first and only suite of graphics cards to fully support Microsoft Direct X® 11 technology and ATI Eyefinity multi-monitor support. With the addition of the ATI Radeon HD 5700 series, AMD is providing PC gamers and multimedia enthusiasts with four great choices to fully enjoy the Microsoft Windows 7 experience.
“The ATI Radeon HD 5800 series reaffirmed AMD as the undisputed leader in visual computing technology,” said Rick Bergman, senior vice president and general manager, AMD Products Group. “Now, the ATI Radeon HD 5700 series takes the same great features like ATI Eyefinity and ATI Stream technology as well as full hardware support for all DirectX 11 features, and bundles them into products priced well below $200.”
ATI Radeon HD 5700 graphics cards deliver more than 1 TeraFLOPS of compute power, ensuring superior performance in the latest DirectX® 11 games, as well as in DirectX® 9, DirectX® 10, DirectX® 10.1 and OpenGL titles. With a powerful graphics core built on 40nm process technology and up to 800 stream processors, gamers can enjoy DirectX 11 games now, such as EA Phenomic’s Battleforge and many more titles on the way, including:
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call of Pripyat from GSC Game World,
- Dirt™ 2 from Codemasters,
- Aliens vs. Predator™ from Rebellion,
- Update to The Lord of the Rings Online™ from Turbine,
- Update to Dungeons and Dragons Online® Eberron Unlimited™ from Turbine.
With over 20 DirectX 11 titles currently in development, gamers can be ready with DirectX® 11 hardware this holiday season.
- Today’s ATI Eyefinity technology enables up to three monitors to be used with a single ATI Radeon™ HD 5770 or ATI Radeon™ HD 5750 graphics card, delivering the most immersive gaming experience with a graphics card priced below $200.
- New features and functionality of ATI Stream technology allow users to harness both AMD CPUs and the ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series graphics cards to maximize their computing experience, helping to improve the performance of enabled media, entertainment and productivity applications. ATI Stream technology and the HD 5700 series support both DirectX 11 Direct Compute and OpenCL industry standards.
- For those who want to enjoy a home theatre experience, the ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series supports the latest HD audio technologies such as Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio and HDMI 3.1. This high level audio support allows users to fully utilize the multiple audio channels embedded in today’s Blu-ray discs for the ultimate in HD home entertainment.
- In addition to delivering tremendous DirectX 11 performance, the ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series also leads in power efficiency consuming as little as 16 watts at idle, less than a third the amount of power required by the average household 60 watt light bulb.
The ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series of graphics cards are supported by a dozen add-in-board companies, including ASK, Asus, Diamond, Gigabyte, High Tech, MSI, Sapphire, Tul/Power Color, Visiontek and XFX.