"Prime members can shop thousands of exclusive lightning deals with new deals added as often as every ten minutes throughout the day. With more deals than Black Friday, members will enjoy thousands of deals from sought-after devices and tools to popular toys and pet supplies," Amazon says.
If you're not a Prime member, you can start a 30-day free trial and participate in the event. The price for staying on board is $99 per year, which gets you free two-day shipping on millions of qualified items, access to thousands of movie and TV shows, free unlimited photo storage, and various other benefits. It's an even better deal if you're a student, as you'll get a six-month free trial followed by 50 percent the subscription price.
So, what kind of deals are we talking about here? Here's a sampling:
- Kindle Fire HD 7 with Special Offers — $79 (save $60)
- Amazon Echo — $129.99 (save $50)
- Samsung 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 3D TV (HU8550 Series) with 4K Video Pack — $99.99 (savings of 66%)
- Crucial MX100 256GB SATA 2.5-Inch SSD — $79.99 (savings of 35%)
- Crucial MX100 512GB SATA 2.5-Inch SSD — $159.99 (savings of 28%)
- Purchase a Fitbit Charge HR and Receive $25 Amazon.com Credit
- Fujifilm X-A1 Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 50-230mm Lenses — $799.99 (savings of 50%)
- Buy an Amazon Gift Card Multipack, Get $10 in Promotional Credit
- The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy Extended Edition Blu-ray — $27.99 (savings of 77%)
There are a wide range of items marked down for sale, way too many to list here. Or if you'd rather not spend a dime of your own money, fire up a song on Prime Music -- any song -- to be entered to win up to $25,000 in Amazon gift cards.