The new features include three new Bounty Hunter missions, including Herman Zizendorf, Camille de Millemont, and Bart Cavanaugh. There will also be two new gang hideouts to fight through with new Del Lobos hideouts in Gaptooth Breach and Solomon's folly.
There are two new Treasure Maps, including Landmarks of Riches and The Elemental Trail maps. A new mission called "To The Ends of The Earth" will have players searching out herbs for a range of rewards.
Several new weapons available in story mode include the M1899 Pistol with magazine loaded ammunition. The Evans Repeater that was only offered in Red Dead Online before. The High Roller Revolver is an ornate double-action revolver only in RDO before. The last new weapon is the Le Mat Revolver that can shoot shotgun shells only offered in RDO previously.
PC gamers get new horses for Story Mode including:
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus three new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
RDR2 on PC also comes with five new tickets to collect to add effects in-game including:
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
Before preordering, PC gamers will want to be sure their PC is up to running RDR2. We talked about the minimum and recommended PC specs earlier this week.