NEC is adding two new models to its entry-grade E Series with the announcement of the new 46-inch E461 and 55-inch E551. With these two new models, NEC's affordable line of professional displays now spans a range of sizes from 32-inch to 55-inch displays. The two new models offer full high-definition 1080p resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate. Other features include a built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner, four HDMI inputs, up to 5000:1 typical contrast ratio, 12W stereo speakers, and a detachable swivel stand. The E461 and E551 are expected to ship in August for respective prices of $999 and $1,499.
NEC Display Solutions Expands Entry-Grade E Series
Cost-Conscious 46” and 55” Displays Allure Onlookers with 120Hz Refresh Rate
CHICAGO--NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the addition of two new models to its E Series, the 46-inch E461 and 55-inch E551. This raises NEC’s affordable professional display product lineup to include a broad range of sizes, from 32-inch to 55-inch displays. These entry-level LCD displays provide users with a cost-effective solution for retail stores, waiting rooms and conference rooms.
The new models offer full high-definition 1080p resolution and a 120Hz refresh rate setting, increasing the clarity of movement and reducing image blur. Additionally, the E461 and E551 include built-in features, such as an ATSC/NTSC/QAM tuner, 12W stereo speakers and detachable swivel stand. With power consumption as low as 210W and full connectivity, including 4 HDMI inputs, analog RGB, composite video and S-Video, these new E Series models provide professional performance and a sleek appearance to digital signage users in both corporate and specialty environments.
“Customers receive abundant features with the E Series products at a low cost, bringing increased value to their digital signage application,” said Keith Yanke, Director of Product Marketing for Large-Screen Displays and Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “The addition of both the E461 and E551 allow for flexibility in a variety of deployments and crisp, life-like content with a 120Hz refresh rate.”
The E461 and E551 include the following features:
- Full high-definition 1080p resolution of 1920 x 1080
- Up to 5000:1 typical contrast ratio
- Low power consumption of 210W (E461) and 240W (E551)
- 120Hz refresh rate for optimal video content
- Full connectivity with 4 HDMI inputs, Analog RGB, S-Video, Composite Video
- Built-in closed captioning, which enables users to display text information for the hearing impaired
- Built-in ATSC/NTSC/QAM analog/digital tuner
- Built-in low profile 12W stereo speakers
- Built-in swivel stand, which is detachable for wall mount applications
- Integrated CONEQ Sound technology, which allows users to set and correct acoustical sound output to compensate for different settings
- Multiple picture modes, which adjust the picture appearance for optimum viewing experience
- Advanced video settings, which ensure source material is displayed properly and accurately
- JPEG Viewer, which allows users to view images and set slide shows through a USB device
- Backlight adjust, which allows users to customize the backlight strength, enabling longer display life and lower power consumption
- Parental control (V-Chip Function), which allows users to block programs based on their rating category
- Input labeling, which allows users to assign labels to various inputs within the onscreen display (OSD)
The E461 and E551 will be available for August 2010 shipment at an estimated street price of $999 and $1,499, respectively. Both displays are backed with NEC’s professional-level 1-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.