Microsoft's Grinchy Heart Grows Three Sizes, Gives Away Another 100 Free Digital Music Albums
Microsoft has definitely been in the giving spirit for the month of December. The company enticed consumers during its “12 Days of Deals” promotion, most recently offering the $329 ASUS Transformer Book Signature Edition for just $249.
But Microsoft is taking things a step further with its second round of 100 free albums courtesy of the Music Deals app, which means the promotion is limited to Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 users. Once in the Music Deals app, you can navigate to the “Holiday Freebies” section to scan the vast number of free albums.
As we described previously, it’s a rather laborious process to download the music, however, once you download the MP3 albums, you’re free to use the music on your platform of choice.
Some of the albums featured in this newest promotion include:
- 2001 by Dr. Dre
- 2Pac’s Greatest Hits
- All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2
- Babel by Mumford and Sons
- Beastie Boys Anthology: The Sounds of Science
- Born to Die - The Paradise Edition by Lana Del Rey
- Exodus and Catch a Fire by Bob Marley
- Quadrophenia by The Who
- Slippery When Wet by Bon Jovi
- The Fame and The Fame Monster by Lady Gaga
- The Lateness Of the Hour by Alex Clare
- The Marshall Mathers LP2 by Eminem
- To the Sea by Jack Johnson
- Unapologetic by Rhianna
- Watch the Throne by Kanye West and Jay-Z
This current promotion last until December 15 so be sure to get in quickly to lay claim to your freebies.