We are all patiently waiting for Intel to release processors based on its 10-nanometer Cannon Lake architecture, but in the meantime, the company may not be finished extending out its Coffee Lake play. A leaked roadmap indicates that Intel is brewing several more Coffee Lake lines, including desktop, mobile, and server solutions, all of which will debut later this year and stretch into 2019.
Starting with the server market, the leaked roadmap shows Intel releasing a Coffee Lake-E line in the second quarter of this year. Normally the "E" designation would point to a high-end desktop (HEDT) processor, but Intel switched things up recently with its Core-X series (Kaby Lake-X and Skylake-X) and now uses "X" to denote its HEDT family. Assuming the roadmap is legit (and we don't know that it is, of course), Coffee Lake-E will consist of Xeon E processors for workstations.
Sticking with the server and workstation sectors, the roadmap also shows Cascade Lake-SP launching as part of Intel's Scalable Processor family, sitting atop its Xeon brand and taking the torch from Skylake-SP. These chips will gain some new features, such as Vector Neural Network Instructions (VNNI) and Apache Pass DIMM support.
Moving on, the roadmap reveals new Coffee Lake-H (mobile) and Coffee Lake-S (desktop) processors arriving in the second quarter of this year. Here is a look at the mobile chips that are on tap:
- Core i5-8300H: 4-cores/8-threads, 2.3GHz-4GHz, 8MB L3 cache, 45W TDP
- Core i5-8400H: 4-cores/8-threads, 2.5GHz-4.2GHz, 8MB L3 cache, 45W TDP
- Core i7-8850H: 6-cores/12-threads, 2.6GHz-4.3GHz, 9MB L3 cache, 45W TDP
- Xeon E-2167M: 6-cores/12-threads, 2.7GHz-4.4GHz, 9MB L3 cache, 45W TDP
- Xeon E-2186M: 6-cores/12-threads, 2.9GHz-4.8GHz, 12MB L3 cache, 45-65W TDP
- Core i9-8950HK: 6-cores/12-threads, 2.9GHz-4.8GHz, 12MB L3 cache, 45-65W TDP
- Celeron G4900: 2-cores/2-threads, 3.1GHz, 2MB L3 cache, 51W TDP, $42
- Celeron G4920: 2-cores/2-threads, 3.2GHz, 2MB L3 cache, 51W TDP, $52
- Pentium Gold G5400: 2-cores/4-threads, 3.7GHz, 4MB L3 cache, 51W TDP, $64
- Pentium Gold G5500: 2-cores/4-threads, 3.8GHz, 4MB L3 cache, 51W TDP, $75
- Pentium Gold G5600: 2-cores/4-threads, 3.9GHz, 4MB L3 cache, 51W TDP, $86
- Core i3-8300: 4-cores/4-threads, 3.7GHz, 6MB L3 cache, 65W TDP, $138
- Core i5-8500: 6-cores/6-threads, 3GHz-TBD, 9MB L3 cache, 65W TDP, $192
- Core i5-8600: 6-cores/6-threads, 3.1GHz-TBD, 9MB L3 cache, 65W TDP, $213