Hey folks. ATI has released a new version of their Catalyst drivers, and with it comes a number of bug fixes. Along with the Windows XP version of the drivers(which can be download by clicking the link below), ATI has also released drivers for Windows Vista beta 1. Well everyone, I've got some work to do, so goodnight!
ATI Catalyst 5.8 Released
Issues Resolved in Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.8:
- Battlefield 2: Geometry corruption or missing textures are no longer noticed when playing the game for an extended period of time under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon(R) X800 XT installed
- 3D Mark03: Enabling Powerplay mode and running the 3DMark03 or 05 in a loop no longer results in an error message being displayed
- Area51_2.3dc: Playing the game under Windows XP no longer results in the NPC and guns appearing distorted, flashing or missing. Further the polygons no longer pop in and out of the display
- GTA: Vice City: Setting the desktop and the game display option to 1024x768 32bpp and attempting to play the game under Windows XP MCE, no longer results in an Invalid Pixel Format message being displayed after approximately 5 minutes of game play
- Lineage 2: Playing the game under Windows XP no longer results in display corruption being noticed
- Movie Maker 2: Connecting an external video source using the S-video composite connectors, no longer results in the Movie Maker 2 application intermittently failing to capture video, when selecting the Capture from Video Source
- MU Online: Opening a chat window and playing the on-line game no longer results in hesitation being noticed when pressing the Enter key
- Quake 3: Enabling SmartShader™ followed by attempting to do a mode change while playing the game, no longer results in the game failing to respond
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Running the Dantoonie level of the game no longer result in hesitation being noticed
- Terathon: Starting the Terathon 3D engine and selecting a single player demo, no longer results in the 3D engine failing to respond under Windows XP
- Trackmania Sunrise: Playing the game under Windows XP no longer results in the operating system failing to respond, when attempting to exit the game after leaving the PC idle for an extended period of time
- Warcraft III: Playing the game under Windows XP with the display rotated by 90 degrees CCW, no longer results in display corruption being notice
"ATI has just released the latest Catalyst drivers for their Radeon series of graphics cards. The newest version includes a massive amount of fixes for games like Battlefield 2, GTA: Vice City, Quake 3 and Warcraft III but what about performance changes? Read on as we provide a performance analysis of Catalyst 5.8 against the previous version on low, mid and high-end Radeon cards."
"The XSPC LCD has all three of those criteria covered; you can get system stats on changing screens which could be useful while gaming or perhaps to display information from your Media/HTPC, and as far as Modding on the cheap goes these LCD displays look good for very little outlay, and are quick and simple to install."
"Well, Evercool has come up with a system that includes everything you need to water cool your components, everything except water! It is the WC-202 Water Cooler. I've dabbled a bit in water cooling and other liquid types of cooling so I was very curious as to just how well this system would work..."
"LAN Addict's own Bruno has a review of one of Samsung's YEPP MP3 players for you today. Anything that requires a screwdriver just to open the box it comes ought to be good, right? Read Bruno's review and find out if that is the case with the Samsung YEPP YH-925."
"The Seagate 3.5-inch external hard disk drive with a 400GB capacity is certainly a backup solution for users with a huge storage appetite. Find out how this drive performed in our tests as we put it against its older 160GB sibling."