RIM’s first-generation BlackBerry Storm wasn’t exactly a huge hit, but RIM nailed the second generation version of this smartphone. Now, pictures and specifications of a third-generation BlackBerry Storm have surfaced.
This upcoming smartphone appears to have the highest resolution screen we’ve seen on a BlackBerry to date—800x480 pixels. Other key specs include a 1.2GHz processor, 8GB of onboard storage, 3G Mobile hotspot capabilities, and BlackBerry OS 6.1. Current reports point to a September release. Check out some spy spots and additional specs below.
- 3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
- 5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
- 8GB eMMC storage, 512MB of RAM, microSD slot
- Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- 2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
- Optical trackpad
- 1230 mAh battery
- OpenGL ES 2.0