AT&T And Pantech Launch New Quick Messaging Phone
AT&T and Pantech have teamed up to offer customers a new quick messaging phone with a touch screen handset and a sliding keyboard. The new Pursuit phone offers a 2.8-inch touchscreen display, multitasking capabilities, a full QWERTY keyboard, and apps such as Drawing Commander, Face Tag and Graffiti. The Pantech Pursuit is currently available via AT&T for $49.99 after contract and rebate; a minimum $20 per month messaging plan is also required. The phone is available in lime or blue colors.
AT&T and Pantech Succeed in Their “Pursuit” for the Perfect Quick Messaging Phone
New Handset Combines Full Touch Screen, Sliding Keyboard and Original Features in Time for Summer
ATLANTA--Pantech Wireless, Inc., – the U.S.-based subsidiary of Pantech Group, one of Korea's largest mobile phone manufacturers – announced today that “Pursuit,” the company’s first touch screen handset that also features a sliding keyboard, will add a splash of color to AT&T’s summer line of Quick Messaging Phones (QMP). Available in stores and online, the lime or blue Pursuit also incorporates a unique assortment of original apps including Drawing Commander, Face Tag and Graffiti.
From Pursuit’s touch screen menu users can surf the web, update a status, send messages, listen to music, watch video clips, and even get directions to the next party without ever having to slide open the phone. A full keyboard slides down from behind the large touch screen, giving users quick access to a variety of popular messaging options and an easier way to type.
Managing a busy social life this summer has never been easier with features including:
- Full Touch Screen – The big 2.8’ display and colorful touch screen gives users access to the options they use most, such as camera, social media accounts, music and video library, messaging and more.
- Full Keyboard – A full keyboard slides out horizontally, making it easier to type and send out texts, emails, picture mail, video messages, voice notes and IMs.
- Cool Device Colors – Stand out from the crowd and make a statement in lime or blue.
- Unique, Fun Features – Drawing Commander dials contacts and activates apps with the trace of a finger on the touch screen; Graffiti allows drawing on images by simply touching the screen; Face Tag adds contacts directly from camera phone pictures.
- Multitask – Launch another feature while on the phone with the multitasking key to browse the web or send and receive messages while on a call.
- Staying Connected @ 3G Speed – Stay on top of your world with AT&T Social Net. Zip around the Web, peek at friends’ newsfeeds, or catch up on favorite blogs, all at the speed of 3G.
“Pursuit combines the best of both worlds,” said Dave Ronis, CMO of Pantech Wireless. “AT&T’s quick messaging customers can now have all of the fun that comes with a touch screen and also the ease of a full keyboard. Moving into the summer months, Pursuit is the perfect phone for the perfect season.”
The Pantech Pursuit is available at AT&T retail stores nationwide and online at www.wireless.att.com for $49.99; pay $99.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion card. Two-year service agreement and minimum $20 per month messaging plan or combination of messaging and data plans required.
3G coverage not available in all areas.
Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
AT&T Promotion Card: Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card may be used only in the U.S. is valid for 120 days after issuance date but is not redeemable for cash & cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or automated gasoline pumps. Card request must be postmarked by July 20, 2010 & you must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive card.