If you’re familiar with packaging from ASUS’s most recent ROG products (including its gaming notebooks), things are quite similar here with the ROG Crosshair VI Hero. Opening the box shows the monochromatic motherboard sitting beneath a plastic cover. Removing the cover allows you to quickly gain access to the black beauty. Other goodies inside include a high-bandwidth SLI bridge, I/O shield, four SATA cables, and RGB cable (among other things).
The video gives nice, slow panning shots of every aspect of the board, so be sure to watch it all the way through.
In other ROG Crosshair VI Hero news, ASUS had a minor snafu earlier today when the product page for the motherboard went live ahead of schedule. Luckily, we have Google Cache to rely on to take a look at nearly every aspect of the motherboard. For a general overview of the motherboard, you can expect to find:
- ROG Water Cooling Zone: Dominate your cooling system
- Aura Sync RGB LED: Stunning synchronized effects and two Aura 4-pin RGB-strip headers
- SupremeFX: Exclusive new codec plus intuitive Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar III
- 5-Way Optimization: One-click system-wide overclocking.
- Best gaming networking: Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies
- Best gaming connectivity: USB 3.1 front-panel connector, M.2 and both USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C
- Best gaming durability: Safeslot and premium components for maximum durability
- 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 SafeSlots (CPU)
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (PCH)
- 3 x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots (PCH)
- 4x DIMM slots (DDR4 3200MHz+)
- 8 x SATA 6G ports
- 1 x M.2 SSD slot (PCIe 3.0 x 4 + SATA)
- 2 x USB 2.0 ports
- 8 x USB 3.1 ports
- 1 x USB 3.1 Type C port
- Intel I211-AT GbE with ROG GameFirst IV and Anti-sure LanGuard
- SupremeFX Audio with SupremeFX S1220 CODEC and ES9023P High Definition DAC
- 2 x AURA 4-pin RGB headers