Android 7.1.1 Nougat Rolls Out To Pixel, Pixel XL And Nexus Devices
Android 7.1.1 brings enhanced support for app shortcuts, GIF searches from the keyboard (similar to functionality we’ve seen with the Gboard app for iOS), new emojis, enhances virtual reality performance for Daydream VR-compatible smartphones, and improved support for live wallpapers. You will also find a fix for the Dirty Cow Linux exploit (along with 40 others) that are baked in with the included December security patch.
The following device are currently eligible to receive the Android 7.1.1 update: Nexus Player, Nexus 9, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel and Pixel XL. Nexus 6 owners are being left out for the time being.
This update fixes these issues:
- Customers couldn't retrieve their Visual Voicemail messages and were getting an error 9999 in some areas.
- Voicemail icon notification was not displaying when a new voicemail message was received.
- Device stopped playing voicemail messages over Bluetooth after the screen timed out.
- Device occasionally went to blue screen during an inbound call.
- Email font was too small.
- Text was garbled on the call screen/dialer and the text was corrupted on the Recent Calls and contact list screens.
This update improves:
- You can now choose Cellular or Wi-Fi as your preferred way of calling while roaming internationally.
- Latest Android security patches.