AMD Introduces Sub-$100 Tri-Core A6-3500 APU
AMD has just announced availability of the new AMD A6-3500 APU for desktop systems, bolstering its current line-up of Llano-based Accelerated Processing Units with a more affordable model targeted at budget conscious, mainstream system builders.
Unlike the first A8 and A6 APUs to hit the scene, which sport four execution cores, the new A6-3500 combines only three x86 CPU cores with 320 Radeon cores, and has a suggested retail price of $95.00. According to AMD, the A6-3500 APU will be available for purchase immediately through system builders and online retailers.
AMD Expands Brilliant HD APU Lineup with A6-3500 Desktop Processor
– End users get multi-core CPU and DirectX®11 GPU experience on a single chip for under $100 (U.S.) MSRP –
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – August 17, 2011 AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced availability of the AMD A-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) A6-3500 desktop processor, extending the array of APU products and price points for consumers who want PCs with brilliant HD graphics, supercomputer-like performance, and incredibly fast application speeds. The AMD A6-3500 desktop APU combines three x86 CPU cores with more than 300 Radeon cores, enabling powerful DirectX 11-capable discrete-level graphics and dedicated HD video processing on a single chip. When paired with select AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series graphics cards, AMD A6-3500 desktop APU customers can achieve up to twice the graphic performance of competitive offerings.
In addition to leading-edge graphics and competitive compute power, the AMD A6-3500 APU delivers:
- AMD Turbo Core Technology to optimize performance across both CPU and GPU cores enabling maximum performance for intense workloads and incredible energy efficiency during basic, everyday tasks.
- AMD Steady Videoii for instant removal of shakes and jitters when rewatching video, so content looks steady and smooth.
- DDR3 1333 support to enhance memory bandwidth for faster performance and improved video playback.
- HDMI 1.4a connections to enable 3D pictures and home video on 3Dcapable TVs and displays.
- AMD VISION Engine Software to provide users with regular updates to help improve system performance and stability, and can add new software enhancements.
With a suggested retail price of $95.00 (U.S), the AMD A6-3500 APU operates at 2.1GHz and 2.4GHz with Turbo Boost (CPU) and 444MHz (GPU) with 320 Radeon Cores, 3MB of L2 cache and a TDP of 65W. The AMD A6-3500 APU is designed for use with FM1 motherboards.
AMD has shipped more than 12 million of its popular APUs, making this new technology one of the fastest ramping processors in company history. Why: As digital and visual content flourishes, consumers benefit from more responsive multitasking, vivid graphics, lifelike games, lag-free videos, and ultimate multimedia performance. With the AMD A6-3500 APU desktop end-users can enjoy these incredible APU experience at a broader range of price points.