Kicking things off, Microsoft has made it easier for those using Windows 10 tablets to control external monitors and TVs. After connecting your external display device, you simply need to navigate to the Action Center and invoke the Project command, which will extend your screen. From there tap and hold the taskbar to present “Show touchpad button”, which will display a virtual touchpad interface to control your secondary display.
Microsoft is also updating Sticky Notes to version 184.108.40.206, which adds a number of new languages (including German, Spanish, and French) along with email and URL recognitions for most locales. The software giant has also made some performance improvements (especially in relation to text input) along with “a whole lot of UI/UX polishing.”
Enhancements have been made to the Windows Ink Workspace including increasing the number of Recently Used apps, updates to the protractor and improved Sketchpad performance. Not to be left out, Microsoft has also paid attention to the Address Bar in the Windows Registry and fixed some issues that popped up with the Hyper-V VM scaling that was introduced in the previous build.
Although all of the updates that we have mentioned relate to Windows 10 for PCs, there is also a companion Build 14965 for Windows 10 Mobile that includes the following fixes:
- We fixed an issue where, when using Cortana in French (France or Canada), the “Prendre une <photo/video/selfie>” (take a picture, video, or selfie) command was redirecting to a Bing search rather than opening the Camera app as expected.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Cortana crashing if you typed “Create an appointment” then tapped on the resulting suggestion to “Create an appointment”.
- We improved the performance for English (India) text prediction.
- We fixed an issue in Data Usage Settings, where after selecting the data plan to be unlimited, it would still prompt to set a limit. We’ve also made it easier in the Data Usage Settings for those with dual SIM phones to differentiate between the cellular data use on each SIM, and fixed a few other polish issues, including that the sort by dropdown on the Usage Details page was unexpectedly wide.
- We fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t giving feedback when adjusting sliders, for example in Settings, or in the Volume flyout.
- We fixed a migration issue resulting in Microsoft Edge to fail to launch for some Insiders after updating to a new build.
Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14965 for PC and Mobile is available to download now for Windows Insiders.