Verizon Wireless and Samsung announced a new budget-friendly smartphone that comes with a good amount of features and respectable specs. The new Samsung Galaxy Stellar will be available starting September 6. This smartphone comes with 4G LTE connectivity as well as dual interfaces to cater to everyone—whether you're a first-time smartphone user or a more advanced Android user.
Recognizing that even novice users may need to meet strict security requirements for their business, Samsung made the Galaxy Stellar a SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) approved device, meaning it has on-device AES 256-bit encryption, support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync, and support for leading VPN and MDM solutions.
As far as the hardware is concerned, the Galaxy Stellar isn't a total bare-bones device. You'll find a 4-inch display (800 x 480), 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, Android 4.0, and a microSD card slot in this phone. The 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera isn't exactly high-end, but what do you expect from a phone that's free after rebates and with a two-year contract?
Verizon Wireless Launches Feature-Packed Samsung Galaxy Stellar™ Smartphone
Features 4G LTE Connectivity, Dual-Interface Options and B2B Enterprise Solutions
BASKING RIDGE, NJ and DALLAS, TX — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that they will offer the exclusive Samsung Galaxy Stellar™ starting Sept. 6 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com.
The easy-to-use 4G LTE enabled Samsung Galaxy Stellar is designed to be compact so it fits easily in a customer’s hand and makes the first-time smartphone experience simple. The Stellar features a dual interface option so customers can choose between Starter Mode or Standard Mode. Starter Mode features a simplified home screen display with preset widgets such as Favorite Apps, Favorite Contacts and Favorite Settings for quick and easy access to frequently used apps and settings. Starter Mode also features a quick dialer icon that allows customers to make phone calls directly from the home screen. Standard Mode provides customers with a more conventional layout and gives customers the traditional Android™ experience. The Stellar also includes a Help app that features guided tours and tips for changing settings and more, so customers can master their devices.
Samsung Galaxy Stellar customers can take advantage of blazingly fast 4G LTE connectivity to access an array of convenient and multimedia rich apps. A suite of Amazon apps is included that offers customers easy ways to discover content such as watching movie trailers on the IMDB app, downloading audio books with the Audible app, and one-click ordering with the Amazon shopping app. The Stellar also offers a variety of premium TV and film content for rent or purchase through the Samsung Media Hub.
The Galaxy Stellar is a SAFE™ (Samsung Approved For Enterprise) approved device featuring on-device AES 256-bit encryption, enhanced support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® and support for industry-leading Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions to make working on the go secure.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G LTE coverage areas
- 4-inch WVGA display (800 x 480)
- Suite of Amazon apps includes Kindle, Shopping, MP3, Zappos, IMDB and Audible
- 1.2 dual-core GHz Snapdragon™ application processor
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB
- Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich – support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 600,000 apps available to download from Google Play
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat and 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera with auto focus
- Backup Assistant Plus – media management and online storage service designed to help customers store and access media content such as music, videos, pictures, documents and contacts.
Samsung's SAFE enterprise mobility solutions provide flexibility and connectivity for mobile workforces, ensuring that users are able to operate more efficiently while on–the-move.
- Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) – communicate directly with your Microsoft Exchange Server enabling push email, calendar and contacts
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Mobile Device Management (MDM) Support from Industry-Leading Solutions Providers – supports industry-standard VPN protocols to help users efficiently tap into VPN networks and MDM capabilities that allow IT departments to effectively safeguard employees’ mobile devices and corporate data.
- On Device Encryption –SAFE helps prevent unauthorized access to mobile data by leveraging the AES 256-bit encryption standard, encrypting all data, including app-specific internal data and internal/external memory.
Pricing and availability:
- The Samsung Galaxy Stellar will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting Sept. 6 for free after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- Customers purchasing the Galaxy Stellar will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless data plan. Share Everything Plans allow customers to add the Stellar to their account for $40 monthly access. For additional information, customers should go to www.verizonwireless.com/shareeverything
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.