It may not be the much-anticipated Galaxy Nexus, but today Verizon Wireless and Samsung introduced a new smartphone that is sure to attract the attention of budget-conscious customers. The new Samsung Illusion will be available starting tomorrow for $79.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. If you're willing to wait an extra day, however, you can pick up this phone for free during an online promotion that will run from Thursday, Nov. 24 to Monday, Nov. 28. This smartphone features a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird processor, 3.0-megapixel camera, Android 2.3, and Mobile Hotspot capabilities.
Simplicity meets style with the Samsung illusion™ from Verizon Wireless
Equipped with Stylish Form Factor, the Samsung Illusion is Made from Post Consumer Material and Has Attained UL Platinum Rating
BASKING RIDGE, N.J. – Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the Samsung Illusion™ will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Nov. 23 for $79.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Illusion will be available for free with a new two-year customer agreement between Thursday, Nov. 24 and Monday, Nov. 28 as an online promotion.
The sophisticated Samsung Illusion smartphone features a sleek form factor and is powered by the nation’s most reliable 3G wireless network. The Illusion boasts a 1GHz Samsung Hummingbird Application Processor, 3.0-megapixel camera, HTML Web browser, music player and integrated contacts, calendar and social networking applications, as well as access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
- Android 2.3™, Gingerbread– support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™ and Google Maps™
- SWYPE™ Technology – input text faster and in a more intuitive way with one continuous finger motion across the screen keyboard
- Corporate email support for Microsoft Office Exchange® so customers can synchronize corporate email, contacts and calendars from their office email
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and video messaging
- Mobile Hotspot capability – share 3G connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- 6-axis accelerometer with compass
- Bluetooth® 3.0 technology – support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Wi-Fi Connectivity 802.11 a/b/g/n
- microSD™ card slot with support for up to 32 GB (2 GB pre-installed)
Additional features - Designed with the environment in mind:
- UL Platinum Rating (Underwriters Laboratories) - the Samsung Illusion scored 84 out of 119 points to receive the “Platinum” UL rating
- Rear casing and battery cover are made from 70 percent post-consumer material and 35 percent of the front casing is post-consumer material
- Packaging made from bleach-free paper (post-consumer waste) and printed with vegetable ink
- Box material uses 60 percent recycled paper (post-consumer waste)
- High-efficiency charger with full-charge alarm
- The Samsung Illusion will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on Nov. 23, and will be available in Verizon Communications Stores in January 2012.
- Customers that purchase a Samsung Illusion smartphone will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 for monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data.