If you're tough on your phone, then the latest offering from Verizon Wireless and Casio may be just what the doctor ordered. Like other Casio G’zOne phones, the new Casio G’zOne Ravine features a rugged design that can withstand water, dust, shock, vibration, humidity, altitude, salt fog, solar radiation, and high and low temperatures. It also features a 3.2-megapixel camera, Text-to-Speech and Voice Dictation capabilities, a voice recorder, and various messaging options. Geared towards the outdoor enthusiast, the G’zOne Ravine also has seven pre-installed applications such as the Earth Compass app which functions as a standard compass and the Thermometer app which shows the current temperature. The Casio G’zOne Ravine is available for $149.99 after rebate and with contract.
Verizon Wireless And CASIO G’zOne Introduce The Ravine
Futuristic, Rugged Design Meets Advanced Features
10/04/2010 - BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and NEW YORK — Verizon Wireless and CASIO today announced that the CASIO G’zOne Ravine™ will be coming soon to Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com. A high-performance tool for outdoor enthusiasts, the Ravine possesses the dust-, water- and shock-resistant construction native to all G’zOne phones in a new hip form factor. The Ravine is able to withstand the most brutal environments – surfing, skiing, hiking, climbing, hunting, fishing and many other outdoor adventures in between – and it supports Push to Talk capabilities that leverage Verizon Wireless’ 3G network for fast two-way communication.
- Rugged design withstands water, dust, shock, vibration, humidity, altitude, salt fog, solar radiation, and high and low temperatures (conforms to MIL-STD-810G)
- 3.2-megapixel camera/camcorder with LED flash
- Text-to-Speech and Voice Dictation for hands-free texting
- Clear Talk noise cancellation for superior sound quality
- Voice recorder
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture, video and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web
- VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- The CASIO G’zOne Ravine also features advanced G’zGear software to fully embrace the active, adventure-driven lifestyle. With the help of its Triple Sensor technology (direction, acceleration and temperature), G’zGear operates in seven modes for the ultimate outdoor tool.
- G’zGear – Seven pre-installed applications tailor-made for outdoor activities
- Earth Compass – Functions as a standard compass, while the GPS shows the distance and direction to over 33 domestic and international landmarks
- Walking Counter – Measures steps, distance and energy consumption by the user
- Thermometer – Displays current temperature in both Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Tides – Shows the tidal graph for the day, the time of tide ebb and flow, current, past and future sea tide levels, optimal fishing times, GPS displays nearest location
- Sunrise Sunset – Highlights the position of the sun at the current time, sunrise and sunset times for current, past and future dates, sunrise and sunset times for select major cities, as well as the ratio of day to night in numbers and graphs
- Astro Calendar – Illustrates the moon’s face graphically, shows the moon’s age and days until a full or new moon
- Star Gazer – Displays the stars in the sky and names the constellations based on the current season and time using GPS
- The CASIO G’zOne Ravine will be $149.99 after a $50.00 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.