Don't go writing the obituary for Windows Mobile 6.5 just yet, not with the LG
Fathom hitting Verizon
Wireless business sales channels this Thursday. Verizon said it would begin selling the LG Fathom online and in Communications Stores beginning June 3 for $150 after a $100 mail-in-rebate (in the form of a debit card) and with a new two-year service agreement. Customers will have to commit to a $70 minimum monthly plan for voice and data.
The LG Fathom looks to send Windows Mobile 6.5 out with a bang. In addition to a large 3.2-inch touchscreen with vibration for tactile feedback, the Fathom also comes equipped with a speedy 1GHz Snapdragon processor that's the current darling of the smartphone world. There's a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touchscreen capabilities, a microSD slot for up to 16GB of memory, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, a built-in MPC and WMA music player, a dedicated task manager, a proximity sensor so you don't accidentally press a button while talking on the phone, 3.2MP camera with autofocus and camcorder capabilities, USB mass storage, and a bunch of other bullet points.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Verizon Wireless and LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones), today announced the LG Fathom™ will be available in Verizon Wireless business sales channels beginning May 27 and online and in Communications Stores beginning June 3. The ultimate on-the-go office, the LG Fathom redefines productivity with Windows Phone power, stylish design and smart global capabilities for making voice calls in more than 220 countries and accessing data in 200 countries, 110 with 3G speeds.
- Sleek slate blue case takes customers from Monday meetings to Friday outings
- Large 3.2” touch screen with Improved Touch Experience and vibration for tactile feedback
- 1 GHz processor
- Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard with simultaneous touch screen capabilities
- microSD™ slot for up to 16 GB of memory
- Wi-Fi® enabled (802.11 b/g/n)
- Bluetooth® 2.1 capabilities with support for the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, stereo, phone book access, basic printing, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer, and serial port
- Built-in MP3 and WMA music player with music library, repeat and shuffle features, as well as stereo sound via headset or Bluetooth
- Windows® Media Player 10 Mobile and video player for WMV, MP4, and 3GP formats
- USB mass storage for file transfer between microSD card and PC
- One-touch speaker phone and speaker-independent voice commands
- Text to speech and voice-activated dialing for up to 4,000 entries
Additional lifestyle features:
- Dedicated task manager key for quick access to mobile Task Manager
- Windows Mobile Device Center and ActiveSync allows users to synchronize Outlook®, Office® and contents from Microsoft Exchange Server® to keep personal information organized and updated
- View and edit with Excel® Mobile, OneNote® Mobile and Word® Mobile or view important presentations with PowerPoint® Mobile
- Scroll, zoom and view rich PDF content with Adobe® Reader LE
- Global roaming frequency automatically switches from CDMA/EVDO to GSM/UMTS depending on geographic location
- VZ Navigator® capabilities – Receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- VZ Navigator Global capabilities – Get turn-by-turn directions and maps in English while navigating through more than 20 destinations such as Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using the Local Search feature
- Wireless manager enables and disables wireless connectivity for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular network
- Luminous sensor designed to adjust LCD backlight brightness depending on light conditions
- Proximity sensor instantly locks touch screen buttons while talking on the phone
- Text and send clear images and fun animations through Flash User interface support
- International charger plus up to four different adapter clips for multi-country use
- 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera and camcorder that includes:
- Five different camera resolutions and three different video resolutions
- Macro Mode for detailed, up close pictures
- Panorama for three guided, sequential shots
- Continuous shot for up to six consecutive photos
- Scene mode for auto, portrait, landscape, sports and night settings
- Image editor with zoom, rotate, resize, crop, added frames and stamps
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sounds and color effects and a self-timer
- Choose between mute and unmute to record video with or without sound
- Optimize video quality with normal, fine or super camcorder settings
- Video recording time up to one minute for sending or up to one hour for saving
Pricing and availability:
- The LG Fathom will be available in business sales channels beginning May 27 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores nationwide and online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning June 3 for $149.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- LG Fathom customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and an Email and Web for Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for unlimited monthly access.
- Business customers interested in the LG Fathom can contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative at 1-800-VZW-4BIZ.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.